Singapore Expats

PR Application for my Spouse.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kenzon

Re: PR Application for my Spouse.

Post by kenzon » Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:37 am

kenzon wrote:thanks, I will just try it out.

Need some help filling up the form.

1) Race: My wife is from Indonesia , North Sulawesi, Manado . she is not chinese and malay. we are Christian what should I put in Race column ? Can I put Manadonese or Indonesian?

2) Present Residential Address in Singapore
Are you currently residing with the sponsor at the above address?

How long have you been residing with the sponsor at the above address? years months
(If the sponsor is your spouse and both of you are not living together, please provide reasons on a separate sheet of paper.)

well I work in Indonesia (I still pay Tax in Singapore), so we only go back my house in Singapore once a month or two. Do I still fill this column ?

3) Applicant's Parent
Both my wife's parent has passed away. still need to fill in?

thanks ho.

](*,) any one ? can help thanks. :???:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:10 am

kenzon wrote:thanks, I will just try it out. Need some help filling up the form.
1) Race: My wife is from Indonesia , North Sulawesi, Manado . she is not chinese and malay. we are Christian what should I put in Race column ? Can I put Manadonese or Indonesian?
2) Present Residential Address in Singapore
Are you currently residing with the sponsor at the above address?
How long have you been residing with the sponsor at the above address? years months
(If the sponsor is your spouse and both of you are not living together, please provide reasons on a separate sheet of paper.)
well I work in Indonesia (I still pay Tax in Singapore), so we only go back my house in Singapore once a month or two. Do I still fill this column ?
3) Applicant's Parent
Both my wife's parent has passed away. still need to fill in?
thanks ho.
You noted the earlier comment, about being married a minimum of two years? There is no virtue in applying beforehand. It not only wastes time and money. It also demonstrates that you can't understand simple rules and an 'Invalid on receipt' application wouldn't look very good on your record.
1) What race did you indicate on the forms when you got married here? Can you use the same? Would 'other' or 'mixed race' be an option to use?
2) Tricky one. It sounds like the form presumes you live in SG. But SundayMS said you can apply from abroad. I'll leave this question to the experts!
3) I don't know the form, but I'd have thought 'Deceased' might be appropriate.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

kenzon

Post by kenzon » Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:56 am

1) What race did you indicate on the forms when you got married here? Can you use the same? Would 'other' or 'mixed race' be an option to use?
it's INDONESIAN.
2) Tricky one. It sounds like the form presumes you live in SG. But SundayMS said you can apply from abroad. I'll leave this question to the experts!
They asked for permenant address in Singapore. I shall provide my address. but living in or not how shall I fill it. anyone knows?

PART D - PARTICULARS OF APPLICANT’S PARENTS AND APPLICANT’S CHILDREN BY THE PRESENT MARRIAGE
Name |Relationship| DateofBirth |Race|Nationality|Country of Birth |Travel Document |Occupation |Highest Academic Qualification |Monthly
Income | Marital Status| Country of Residence | Applying For PR with you? (Yes/ No)

kenzon

Post by kenzon » Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:59 am

it's INDONESIAN.
They asked for permenant address in Singapore. I shall provide my address. but living in or not how shall I fill it. anyone knows?

PART D - PARTICULARS OF APPLICANT’S PARENTS AND APPLICANT’S CHILDREN BY THE PRESENT MARRIAGE
Name |Relationship| DateofBirth |Race|Nationality|Country of Birth |Travel Document |Occupation |Highest Academic Qualification |Monthly
Income | Marital Status| Country of Residence | Applying For PR with you? (Yes/ No)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 26 Jun 2015 1:28 pm

kenzon wrote:

it's INDONESIAN.
I'd have thought that was nationality, as there is more than one race in Indon. But if it was acceptable on your marriage application it suggests it might be on your PR application.
kenzon wrote:

Can't help with this one, maybe you should e-mail ICA and ask them.

kenzon wrote:PART D - PARTICULARS OF APPLICANT’S PARENTS AND APPLICANT’S CHILDREN BY THE PRESENT MARRIAGE
Name |Relationship| DateofBirth |Race|Nationality|Country of Birth |Travel Document |Occupation |Highest Academic Qualification |Monthly Income | Marital Status| Country of Residence | Applying For PR with you? (Yes/ No)
I think (just my personal impression) this question serves two purposes:
i - It serves to build a picture of you and your family background. Was your father a general attached to the government, or of a less influential/sensitive background?
ii- If they grant you PR, how likely is it that you will then seek to move your family to Singapore? I.e. they'll likely check how regularly your family members have previously travelled here. And also gauge the extent to which your family are permanently established back home. To be clear and for example, if you were to list say 5 family members, and most/all of them visit SG regularly, or even each year for close to the maximum time permitted, then I imagine they're going to perceive a higher risk of these individuals seeking to live here. For them it's about trying to get a bigger-picture, beyond just simply you as an individual applicant.

So with those points in mind, if I were you I'd answer the first 6 questions which allows them to check and consider background. And then I'd note 'Deceased', not try and answer the others questions, except the final question as 'No'.

Just my inexpert 2c...
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard