Singapore Expats

PR Rejection

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Remmycat

PR Rejection

Post by Remmycat » Mon, 22 Jun 2015 5:29 pm

Hi,

Have a query and also adding my details for information...

I recently had my PR rejected after 11 months. This is first PR application - applied as spouse of SC.
We had applied in June 2014. In Dec ICA wrote asking for further info on my husband's work, which he provided. In May 2015, they rejected the application.

I am female, late 30s, married to Singaporean. We have been married for 3 years and have a 2 year old son. Son is a Singaporean. I am from the UK.

I work in legal sector, diploma holder. Lived in Singapore for 15 years, worked for most of that time. Earn approx. 60k annually.
Hubby is self employed - no cpf - and earns slightly more than me.

The rejection letter was addressed to my hubby and said 'your wife can continue to stay and work on her valid work pass'.

My query is whether we should appeal or whether we should put in a fresh application, say after 6 months or 1 year.

Would appreciate any advice.

Cheers in advance

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PR Rejection

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 Jun 2015 11:33 pm

Remmycat wrote:.

Would appreciate any advice.

Cheers in advance
Since your son is a SC you have a strong case to appeal.

Did you try LTVP instead ?

That has a better chance of success, as spouse of SC.

Remmycat

Re: PR Rejection

Post by Remmycat » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:35 am

Many thanks for your advice. Have not tried for LTSVP/LTSVP Plus. Will try to appeal PR first then try the LTSVP if not successful. Will feedback in due course. Thanks again

Remmycat

Post by Remmycat » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:37 am

Sorry that should read LTVP/LTVP Plus :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:07 pm

Remmycat wrote:Sorry that should read LTVP/LTVP Plus :)
Spouses are encouraged to apply for LTVP+, and then subsequently PR, I don't know the logic

Maybe they want to see if you can stick together ? :D

Anyway, LTVP+ is good as PR. Though validity varies between 2 to 3 years.

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by menudown » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:15 pm

if you don't intend to work or look for a job, you can apply LTVP...if you need to work then PR

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 3:16 pm

menudown wrote:if you don't intend to work or look for a job, you can apply LTVP...if you need to work then PR
errr .. I was suggesting LTVP+, which allows the holder to work ..

The LTVP+ was introduced from 1 April 2012 to provide foreign spouses of SCs with longer period of residency, healthcare and employment benefits. Eligibility for LTVP+ will be considered automatically in all LTVP applications; no separate application is required.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 9:08 pm

Sorry menudown, squirrel is correct. And now, as of 1 January 2015, foreign spouses of PR's can also get the LTVP+ which will allow them to work on a Letter of Consent. No PR necessary except by the other spouse.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: RE: Re: PR Rejection

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: And now, as of 1 January 2015, foreign spouses of PR's can also get the LTVP+ which will allow them to work on a Letter of Consent.

So that is the new rule change for 2015. I was wondering, how come its been such a long time since a rule change happened. In Singapore, every year there has to be some or the other EP related rule change, usually making it tougher for foreigners, but this one seems a welcome change.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PR Rejection

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:09 pm

Wd40 wrote:
So that is the new rule change for 2015. I was wondering, how come its been such a long time since a rule change happened. In Singapore, every year there has to be some or the other rule change, usually making it tougher for foreigners, but this one seems a welcome change.
Ltvp + was introduced in 2012 or 2013, only for spouse of SC

Not new. :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:18 pm

Wrong again, Squirrel. LTVP+ for Foreign Spouses of PR IS new w.e.f. 1 Jan 2015. I know, I was one of the first to move one of my S pass holders off of the S pass and onto a Letter of Consent. Her husband is a Lecturer at one of the Universities (PR). It went pretty seamlessly and she's been on a Letter of Consent since 1 April. LTVP+ for SC did not include PR's. So it IS new. They've added another category of resident to the mix.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR Rejection

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 24 Jun 2015 8:22 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Wrong again, Squirrel. LTVP+ for Foreign Spouses of PR IS new w.e.f. 1 Jan 2015.....
OP is spouse of SC, and then somebody planted about PRs, my bad, I overlooked WD40's post about LTVP + being upgraded to include spouse of PR as well

bumblebee007

Post by bumblebee007 » Thu, 02 Jul 2015 7:34 am

I would suggest talking to the MP since your spouse is SC. They might help you out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 02 Jul 2015 10:17 am

bumblebee007 wrote:I would suggest talking to the MP since your spouse is SC. They might help you out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
What is MP going to do?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Jul 2015 12:38 pm

I have a friend who is a True Blue who originally hailed from P. Ubin as a kid and has a flat in AMK. He married a PRC and tried to get her an LTVP/PR etc for over 5 years with letters (several times) from the AMK MPs (and you know who sits at the top of the AMK GRC right?) The problem is, MPs will write letters to various ministries on behalf of the constituents of their domain, but they know, like we know, the letter will be delivered, and the standard response will be "we will review the case and if warranted, will proceed). And a month or so later, the MP will receive a response that basically he/she already new the answer to and this will be relayed back to the constituent with regrets. I've never known one to be successful, but it good public relations for the MPs as it shows them "trying" to help their voters.

My friend? Never did get it. He been living in the PRC for the last 3 years with his wife.