Singapore Expats

criminal record

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
alfredsing

criminal record

Post by alfredsing » Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:28 am

Hi guys.

need some advise here.

brief introduction. Born in SG but not a singaporean. Lived in SG with student pass and with step parents all my life but was never offer PR or apply one. 19 years old committed a crime and was charge with something serious but charge drop to lower serious level. Sentenced to RTC and even study during the period inside.

SO here is the topic, once released and was deported back and was told that i was banned for 10 years without anything to sign instead of life due to step parents is in SG.

try appealing but failed and when step mum got breast cancer and we try to appeal again.. it failed again. so now my childhood friend had passed away and i cant even do shit or even attend the funeral.

but the main concern is i wish to visit my step family after 3 years away from them. is there a chance i could just try my luck and go into SG or keep appealing? when i was deported back, i got nothing at all, left all alone in a foreign country with only 1k SGD.

Is there any other way to check my banned status or anything? should i find a lawyer and ask for advise?

all advise would be great appreciated.

PS: after few years, i have turn over and not creating anymore troubles, all i want is just go back ONE TIME to visit my aging step parents.

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Re: criminal record

Post by menudown » Fri, 19 Jun 2015 10:43 am

I think you need to keep appealing. don't ever try your luck to get in and may make matters worst

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 19 Jun 2015 10:53 am

I hear that you need a guarantor with bond (few thousands of dollars) for successful appeal. Try doing a search in this forum. We had someone (a Malaysian) who posted her story on how she managed to work in Singapore after being charged with theft (forced by abusive ex-boyfriend) and got deported.

alfredsing

Post by alfredsing » Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:05 pm

My step parents are willing to give such bonds but the appeal just keep failing. Im not asking them to let me stay there nor have any hope in getting pr, i just need a chance to see them before anything happens.

So i think my case is pretty special and i doubt i would have any chances. And rumors is that record will be gone in 5 years time when sentenced to RTC. Under 21 prison, so im not sure what is my next step other than keep appealing.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 19 Jun 2015 2:09 pm

alfredsing wrote:My step parents are willing to give such bonds but the appeal just keep failing. Im not asking them to let me stay there nor have any hope in getting pr, i just need a chance to see them before anything happens.
Are your step parents not able to leave their home? If they are not so critically ill that they can leave their home I would expect ICA to wonder, why you all don't meet in JB for example?

And if they are very ill, did you prove it to ICA by any evidence (i.e. doctor's opinion)?

alfredsing

Post by alfredsing » Fri, 19 Jun 2015 2:26 pm

Grandma is like 83 and mum just got cancer and doing chemo now. So Jb is out of the idea. And yes, hospital letter show that mum is ill and gonna do chemo but they still reject me.

I mean i understand if don allow me to live is sg but not even visit? 20 years ago, sg talk about heart, 20 years later, sg talk abt money.

So yea, if anyone here have some advise or who to contact, i would greatly appreciate.

ICA grant china citizen working in coffee shop or watever ulu place but not for those who have proper education or years of living and spending money in sg.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 19 Jun 2015 2:49 pm

The age alone could not be a reason so wasn't the cancer. If you all wanted to meet up so much, why didn't you do it in JB? It's a short and uncomplicated trip. 3y is a long time and apparently never during that time both of you were determined enough at the same time to make it happen. You are appealing to ICA based on emotional bond component yet it seems this component was not really there (for one or both sides). I am not saying this was the case, but I am telling you possible logic ICA may follow while rejecting your appeals.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: criminal record

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 19 Jun 2015 3:24 pm

alfredsing wrote:.
I mean i understand if don allow me to live is sg but not even visit? 20 years ago, sg talk about heart, 20 years later, sg talk abt money. .
Ah ha

So that's the problem ..

No sir, you are wrong

20 years ago the rule was don't break the law, especially if you are a foreigner

20 years later, with increased population, that rule has been only firmed up .

As a foreigner if you can't play by the simple rules, don't expect mercy in Singapore

Those people you complain about having better privilege have something different - they didn't break any law.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 21 Jun 2015 1:53 pm

What law did you break? Did you chew gum, vandalize something, or commit a violent crime?

Also, what passport do you hold?

A bit of context is useful in this situation. Otherwise, there is no advice to give. Even your "10 year ban" may not mean anything, as you could find yourself denied entry anyway when you arrive.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 21 Jun 2015 2:51 pm

"...committed a crime and was charge with something serious but charge drop to lower serious level.."
Sounds like definitely not a chewing gum case.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 22 Jun 2015 10:02 am

My guess is Malaysia for the passport.

alfredsing

Post by alfredsing » Mon, 22 Jun 2015 10:49 am

We are determind and we tried but sadly my mum got cancer so she gonna keep going chemo and that causes her abilty to walk cos she everytime after her chemo, she get so weak and throw up.
Anyway i know is my mistake to commit crime but i just wish to see my family for once, that is all i want. I can't imagine if anythin happen to them while im at other country.
Passporr is hk.

My charge is causing grevious hurt and sentence to RTC - reformative training center.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: criminal record

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 Jun 2015 11:03 am

alfredsing wrote:We are determind and we tried but sadly my mum got cancer so she gonna keep going chemo and that causes her abilty to walk cos she everytime after her chemo, she get so weak and throw up.
Anyway i know is my mistake to commit crime but i just wish to see my family for once, that is all i want. I can't imagine if anythin happen to them while im at other country.
Passporr is hk.

My charge is causing grevious hurt and sentence to RTC - reformative training center.
Seriously I do admire your love for your step mother (step mom - am I right there ??)

At the moment if you want to see them once, meet in Malaysia ... provided you didn't beat up anybody in Malaysia ...

Can't they rent a car or van to drive them to JB ?

Crying your heart out will not do anything to ICA's stance on undesirable foreigners. That's the truth.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Mon, 22 Jun 2015 11:34 am

Try getting your step-family to get MP help for at least a single-entry permission for you to see her. And be prepared to cough up a very expensive bond to go with that.

alfredsing

Post by alfredsing » Mon, 22 Jun 2015 1:02 pm

Yea, is like a wake up call for me treasure all my loved one.

I did think of that but as i mention, my mum are unable to walk well and my granny is like 80 plus, they could barely walk under the hot sun. They are all down to earth normal citizen and do not own any driving license.

Do u think i could drop a text to Mr. Lee thru facebook? Just asking.

MP.. Tried lots of time but the result is the same. No matter how much the bond is, im willing to pay it as long i get to see them.

So i guess i could try again in appeal but if anyone of u here are able to help, i would greatly appreciate this kindness.
Eg know any good lawyer on such cases.