Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Kyo

SIA interview

Post by Kyo » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:12 pm

Hi,

I'll be away from Singapore for 2 weeks. Was wondering whether they called or email you when you are shortlisted?

The place I'm going won't have internet access and I'm afraid it will go to my junk mail folder (the emails in the junk mail folder gets emptied every 5 days).

Can someone who's been thru it let me know? Tks

rpammi

Post by rpammi » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:20 pm

Any gals out there ,,who is 28 or 29,,has just applied or recently applied for SQ , or Jetstar Asia...but jetstar .only we will know end of June ,,so Gd Luck to all of u !!!! any married lady out there who applied ?

johan

SIA hiring again

Post by johan » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 1:01 pm

calling all cabin crew wanna-bes

SIA is hiring stewards and stewardesses now!
job opens to malaysia and singapore citizens only.
grab the chance and wish u best of luck.

www.singaporeair.com
click > about SIA > careers

Post by Guest » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 1:51 pm

rpammi wrote:Any gals out there ,,who is 28 or 29,,has just applied or recently applied for SQ , or Jetstar Asia...but jetstar .only we will know end of June ,,so Gd Luck to all of u !!!! any married lady out there who applied ?
I have a relative who was with Jetstar Asia that time. She was above 35.. So you still have the chance to be selected by Jetstar.. =)
Good Luck... But the pay was not very good... that's why she quit.

Post by Guest » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 2:19 pm

i applied twice for jetstar through monster.com.sg and twice i got back the same notification that i have been unsuccessful.im so pissed! it says that i must be able to swim 50m,158cm and above and i did click all these.What's the problem??
I have more than once but less than 2 yrs of work experience.Is this the reason for the returning of mail?Or shd i just click 2 yrs though i do not have 2 yrs of the experience?

Guest Star

Re: emirates

Post by Guest Star » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 2:46 pm

i went for the emirates interview. was kicked out on the first round. i believe due to my acne scars. they arent as anal as SQ where height is concerned. i am 156cm but they didnt ask me to leave but gave me a chance to go for the first round. i was also asked to reach for the 212cm marking on tiptoes which isn't that very difficult really, u just need to stretch. during the first round a group of 10 of us were asked to sit in a circle. the interviewer gave us a topic to discuss. i was surprised that some of the girls in the group didnt even take the initiative to open their mouths. 3 were selected out of the group. i heard the other rounds r pretty similar to the first one. i'm gg for laser treatment for my acne scars n will try again in the future shld they conduct a recruitment again.[/quote]

Hi with regards to the acne scars and that you're going for laser tmt to remove them. are your scars that bad? I've bump into one SQ girl yest and noticed her complexion is troubled. guess she got the problem after joining SIA..[/quote]

the scars r visible. holes on the cheeks. though my acne days r long gone, the scars r there. results frm the laser treatment is gradual since i'm still undergoing the treatment - it takes time u see. i'm optimistic that the scars will be reduced soon n with gd foundation, hopefully they r not obvious the next time i go for an interview. i guess u need to be in a tip-top condition during the interview. the other day, at the airport, i actually saw this sq cabincrew with horrible huge zits on her back but i reckon she only had a breakout after joining sq. ohwell....

:o)[/quote]

Hi there again wannabe! :wink: Can understand what you're going thru. Aspiration to fly at the same time determined to lighten your scars first.
Do believe in yourself ya. what's your current age? how much do you have to pay undergoing those treatments? They must be costly and painful.[/quote]

hi, i am 26. i couldnt apply earlier because i was bonded with my current employer. the bond has since ended. its now or never for me. so i'm all determined to be a cabin crew. it doesnt hurt to try because i do not wish to regret later. the treatment is with a dermatologist n ranges frm $200 - 300 per treatment n i need to go for at least 4 or 5 of such sessions. on top of that i'm also using his skincare products - a 7-step regime which i'm religiously sticking to.
:)[/quote]

Hi again Wannabe. Wow that's really exp tmt. Since its worth it for you, im wishing you well. can i personally communicate with you say thru email? would wanna share my aspirations too. Regards.

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Post by aloyscious » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 2:51 pm

Hey ppl,
Any guys out there for pass the last recruitment interview? please share wth me your interview experience. How many stages and days will it take? Anyone who can help? ...Cheers!!!

becky

Good luck!

Post by becky » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 2:52 pm

Hey people, good luck to you guys who are applying for the July intake! wish you guys luck........yesterday after talking to my scottish bf, I've given up my dream of flying for now. I'm going to Melbourne to continue my studies and join my bf there. After one year, I'll apply and see how it goes. Good luck people! Don't give up.

Post by Guest » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 4:54 pm

I applied for the last SIA stewardess intake, but was eliminated in the kerbaya round... Most likely to due to my skin allergy, cos they are veri obvius. Now my skin is in a better condition... Can anyone help me whether i should re-apply this time round??? :?

Cheey

Re: Good luck!

Post by Cheey » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 5:02 pm

becky wrote:Hey people, good luck to you guys who are applying for the July intake! wish you guys luck........yesterday after talking to my scottish bf, I've given up my dream of flying for now. I'm going to Melbourne to continue my studies and join my bf there. After one year, I'll apply and see how it goes. Good luck people! Don't give up.
Hey becky,
I wish u all the best in ur studies.... who knows u may get married over in Melbourne and forget the idea of flying! Cheers! :)

rpammi

Post by rpammi » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 5:07 pm

your aunty joined at 35 or what ?? ehhehee..dunt tell me she went for the interview at 35 ???

anyway ,,yeah lah just put 2 yrs when u tick at monster.com for jetstar....i did it so many many times.... got very pissed ,,kept calling monster Lol,,,then i realised tht evry ervy single thing needs to be filled.... try again,, nvr know we might jus tend up together hehehehhehee

guest~

Silkair Interview

Post by guest~ » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 5:45 pm

Have anyone received the invitation (letter or call?) from Silkair for the 3rd Interview?

Catmeat

Re: Silkair Interview

Post by Catmeat » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 6:48 pm

guest~ wrote:Have anyone received the invitation (letter or call?) from Silkair for the 3rd Interview?

no! :(

Post by Guest » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:36 am

rpammi wrote:your aunty joined at 35 or what ?? ehhehee..dunt tell me she went for the interview at 35 ???

anyway ,,yeah lah just put 2 yrs when u tick at monster.com for jetstar....i did it so many many times.... got very pissed ,,kept calling monster Lol,,,then i realised tht evry ervy single thing needs to be filled.... try again,, nvr know we might jus tend up together hehehehhehee

hahahaha...thanks i'll go and try it out again.Really pissed.U know there's so many things to fill up.until i want to vomit.

Post by Guest » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 1:32 am

does jetstarasia emphasize a lot on face scars?