Singapore Expats

What does "a short stay per entry" exactly mean?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
homa6501

What does "a short stay per entry" exactly mean?

Post by homa6501 » Thu, 04 Jun 2015 11:55 am

Sorry if I am posting an enquiry that may have been discussed before. I am sure it has been, but I couldn't find it.
Could you please tell me what does this phrase exactly mean?
"a double journey visa valid for 9 weeks from the date of approval for a short stay per entry is approved"
1. Is the term "valid from the date of approval" urging me to get to Spore as soon as possible? I mean, if I plan to enter in Singapore next week, will I lose one week of stay in Singapore with my husband?
2. What is the period length of "A Short Stay" in days? is it fourteen or thirty?
3. My husband will be in Spore for 3 months, and I would like to be with him all this time, but with this visa, I have to leave the country one month earlier than him. I know there is a possibility to extend my second stay for another one month. I want to know how to buy my return ticket? for 3 months or 9 weeks? If I buy a 3 month one, will the ICA official check my ticket on arrival and shout on me like "WHY IS YOUR RETURN DATE 3O DAYS AFTER YOUR VISA EXPIRY?" and perhaps will they deport me?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: What does "a short stay per entry" exactly mean?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Jun 2015 12:15 pm

Unsure where you are from but....
homa6501 wrote:Sorry if I am posting an enquiry that may have been discussed before. I am sure it has been, but I couldn't find it.
Could you please tell me what does this phrase exactly mean?
"a double journey visa valid for 9 weeks from the date of approval for a short stay per entry is approved"

Your visa will have a date of approval. The validity of the visa will be 9 weeks from that date, after which, entry will be denied and you will have to reapply for a new visa.

1. Is the term "valid from the date of approval" urging me to get to Spore as soon as possible? I mean, if I plan to enter in Singapore next week, will I lose one week of stay in Singapore with my husband?

No, you will not lose one week of stay in Singapore. Your stay will be a typical Social Visit Pass depending on which country you are from I think it will be anywhere from 14 days to 30 days depending on where you are coming from. You may or may not be allowed to extend it.

2. What is the period length of "A Short Stay" in days? is it fourteen or thirty?

14 or 30 depending on which country you are coming from. It sounds like you may be coming from the subcontinent.

You may not be given an extension. The second entry has to be made before the expiry of the original visa and may or may not be limited to the duration of the visa at the end of nine weeks. If so, on your second entry you will be given a span covering that period. It would be wise to have an open return ticket if unsure. In all probability you only need to enter Singapore before the expiry date of the visa. The length of time normally can extend beyond that. DO NOT ASSUME you will get an extension of your visa! DO NOT TRY TO GAME THE SYSTEM.

3. My husband will be in Spore for 3 months, and I would like to be with him all this time, but with this visa, I have to leave the country one month earlier than him. I know there is a possibility to extend my second stay for another one month. I want to know how to buy my return ticket? for 3 months or 9 weeks? If I buy a 3 month one, will the ICA official check my ticket on arrival and shout on me like "WHY IS YOUR RETURN DATE 3O DAYS AFTER YOUR VISA EXPIRY?" and perhaps will they deport me?

Thanks

http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... &secid=165
Important Notes :

A Singapore visa is not an immigration pass. It is a pre-entry permission for the holder of a valid Singapore visa to travel to, and seek entry, into Singapore. The grant of an immigration pass will be determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Possession of a valid visa alone does not guarantee entry into Singapore.

A holder of a valid Singapore visa who is found suitable for entry into Singapore will be issued with an immigration pass to enter and remain in Singapore. You are advised to check your passport for the arrival visit pass endorsement when in Singapore and take note of the period of stay granted before leaving the checkpoint. The period of stay granted is shown on the visit pass endorsement given on your passport and it is not tied to the validity of your visa.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

homa6501

Re: What does "a short stay per entry" exactly mean?

Post by homa6501 » Thu, 04 Jun 2015 1:48 pm

I am not sure if this forum offers the "Thanks" button or not, but I really appreciate your prompt, detailed and quite helpful answer.