Singapore Expats

Immigration Issues In Traveling In and Out Of Singapore

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Moonmist1207

Immigration Issues In Traveling In and Out Of Singapore

Post by Moonmist1207 » Wed, 27 May 2015 6:58 pm

Hi! Need help!

I'm Filipino and just arrived here in SG with IPA S Pass and my employer will start processing my pass next week.. just wanted to know if I can travel for an overnight tour in Batam Indonesia before the processing of my spass card without any issues in the immigration when I come back here in Singapore?

I have mistakenly booked a trip to batam indonesia 2 days from now and just remebered i don't have my spass card yet and haven't started working. Currently I'm on social visit pass for 30 days...

Hope you can help me with my concern!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Immigration Issues In Traveling In and Out Of Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 28 May 2015 10:12 am

Moonmist1207 wrote: I have mistakenly booked a trip to batam indonesia 2 days from now and just remebered i don't have my spass card yet and haven't started working. Currently I'm on social visit pass for 30 days...
How do you mistakenly spend money ?

Hmmm

If you have your IPA there should be no issue ... but, if you are a female, have done visa runs in the past or travelling with somebody who meets the above, then good luck

Unless it was a large amount of the Batam date is extremely important more than working in Singapore ... I would stay put till I collect my pass and then go

Moonmist1207

Re: Immigration Issues In Traveling In and Out Of Singapore

Post by Moonmist1207 » Thu, 28 May 2015 12:30 pm

Hello! Thanks for the advice!

It meant a lot because it worries me as this should have been my first time to go to indonesia and be back to Singapore. I've been working here in SG for 5 years with S Pass and I haven't travelled so much except for a 1 day company trip to Legoland Malaysia a few years back that time Im holding an Spass card...but because I moved to another company I need my S Pass to be re processed that is why right now I am holding an IPA and just arrived from the Philippines 2 days ago.

And also, I got my previous job here in Singapore through job agency in the Philippines and the current one by direct hire. By far, I have done everything to come here legally.

Anyway...thanks... To be safe, i'll just get my batam trip cancelled for now. :cry:

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 28 May 2015 12:39 pm

It sounds then that you should be fine. Do take any documentation you have relating to your employment/resident status. Hopefully you won't need them.

And enjoy your "mistaken holiday" :wink:

Moonmist1207

Post by Moonmist1207 » Thu, 28 May 2015 1:43 pm

So would that mean there is no issue entering Singapore 2nd time in just a week with only IPA on hand given my good background....? I've heard (only after I already booked my trip) that IPA gives single entry to SG. It doesn't state in my IPA but only it says that for those requiring visa, IPA gives single journey visa. How do I know if I can have multiple entry with my IPA?

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 28 May 2015 2:49 pm

Correct. I've copied the relevant line relating to the IPA provided a link below.

It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ass-issued

Moonmist1207

Post by Moonmist1207 » Thu, 28 May 2015 3:31 pm

...thanks for the link

I only have the IPA on hand. I don't have the Notification letter yet since my appointment for the processing of my pass issuance is due a week after my scheduled trip to batam. I haven't got my pass issued yet :(

The link states

Within 60 days of in-principle approval

The candidate must be in Singapore when you request for the pass to be issued.

To get the pass issued:

Provide an address (home or office) where the card will be delivered.
Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card, and provide their IC/FIN/Passport number, mobile numbers and email address.
Pay the $80 fee for each pass issued. You can pay by GIRO, Visa/MasterCard or eNets Debit.

When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:

Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If you need to extend it because of other travel plans, submit the request form.
Should be given to the candidate. It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.

:oops:

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 28 May 2015 3:49 pm

I was reading IPA and Notification letter as the same.

So if you left you would have to re-enter on a tourist visa. Normally I'd say there wouldn't be any problem with that but you should probably err on the side of caution and postpone your trip until you have your Notification Letter or Pass in hand. Shame. :(

Moonmist1207

Post by Moonmist1207 » Thu, 28 May 2015 3:54 pm

:cry: Oh well..anyway thanks...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Immigration Issues In Traveling In and Out Of Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 28 May 2015 9:08 pm

bgd wrote:I was reading IPA and Notification letter as the same.

So if you left you would have to re-enter on a tourist visa. Normally I'd say there wouldn't be any problem with that but you should probably err on the side of caution and postpone your trip until you have your Notification Letter or Pass in hand. Shame. :(
:shock:

Some time ago, a person coming to Singapore tried to pull weight at immigration showing the IPA

The ICA officer calmly said "IPA is not the same as the pass, your pass issuance can still be refused due to other reasons ... "

:oops: :oops:

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 02 Jun 2015 8:56 am

Based on my previous experience, yes you can (I went to Batam and JB while waiting for my work pass to be processed). Just keep your IPA and your documents with you when you go to Batam.

But if you have already paid a visit to MOM and did the finger printing and other formalities, no you can't.

It is because after that process, they retain your white disembarkation card and you need that card when you leave Singapore for Batam.