Singapore Expats

How strict is Thai Airways with the luggage weight?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.

How strict is Thai Airways with the luggage weight?

Post by Guest » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 2:57 pm

Hi there,

Can someone share their experience on the luggage weight issue with Thai Airways??...i think officially their luggage weight for check in is 20kg but i reckon mine's coming close to 40kg!! :o
Well, being a girl...is kinda understandable that it's overweight, no??! :oops: ...well, cant help it since i would be traveling close to 2 months!!

My friend took Emirates recently and his luggage was over by 50%...they let him through...what ab Thai Airways??...anybody has any idea??..would really appreciate any input as i dont think it would be worth paying the overweight charges since i heard they charge ab 70bucks per kg!!! :shock:

thanxs in advance
spidy

MaiChai

Post by MaiChai » Sun, 12 Jun 2005 1:10 am

Up to 30Kg should be ok. Otherwise you will have to pay the difference. Take all the heavy small stuff out and put it in hand luggage! Everything in Thailand is cheap so consider throwing some stuff away!

trina01

Post by trina01 » Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:03 am

MaiChai wrote:Everything in Thailand is cheap so consider throwing some stuff away!
I have flown on Thai Airways and the destination wasn't Bangkok, nor Thailand.

Post by Guest » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:39 am

Hi thanxs for yr reply....& actually am embarrassed to say this - i hv kinda made a blunder on the weight issue!! :oops: ...it turned out that my lugguage's only about 15kg hence there shouldnt be much problem checking it in afterall!!

nonetheless thanxs much for the time

Cheers