Singapore Expats

Re: Got my SPR, and then what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Stupe

Post by Stupe » Tue, 19 May 2015 12:46 pm

Hey all,

I recently received my SPR. Yippedeedoo! Now back to a more fundamental problem/question:
- Every (almost) online government site requires SingPass.
- I have an existing SingPass, which is my FIN number. Which still works.
- Do I need to call each and every agency who has any of my records, to update them on this change?
- Or is there a 'central' one that oversees/manages this? I called MOM, ICA, everyone goes 'um this one not sure la..'

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Re: Got my SPR, and then what?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 May 2015 2:27 pm

Walk into any CC, CPF, IRAS office and they will reset it for you. See attached for what to bring along.

https://www.singpass.gov.sg/sppubsvc/location1.html
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Stupe

Post by Stupe » Tue, 19 May 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Yup came across that link as well.

Sorry I was a little hasty in my initial post. What I meant to say was:

- Every (almost) online government site requires SingPass.
- I have an existing SingPass, which is my FIN number. Which still works.
- I understand that I need to get a new SingPass, which will be tied to my SPR number [Apply]. The [Reset] is if I forgot my existing SingPass password.
- Do I then need to call each and every agency who has any of my records, to update them on this change?
- Or is there a 'central' one that oversees/manages this? I called MOM, ICA, everyone goes 'um this one not sure la..'

For example, I just logged into CPF website to check my account (using FIN). So account says $0. Which means employer contribution went to SPR number.
But what about IRAS/tax payment (its just around the corner!)? And I wonder what other implications?
Off the top of my head, IRAS, CPF, LTA (driving license), URA, XXX, YYY, ZZZ..... OMG

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 May 2015 5:30 pm

Have you walked into the CPF office an asked them how to update your SingPass particulars? It's a one stop shop. All you need to do it present yourself and they will a) sort it out for you; or, b) give you a new SingPass based on your NRIC number. Once you have done that, you need not do anything else as once your FIN has been Canceled and an NRIC issued, it is automatically changed across all government ministries. The same thing goes when you change your address. Be sure you carry your NRIC with you as it's the law that you always carry it.
If you have the required documentary evidence
(i) You may proceed to ICA Building, Level 3 Citizen Services Centre or any of the Neighbourhood Police Posts/Centres to update the change of address in your Identity Card (IC)

The ICA or Police officer will then verify the information on his print-out with your personal particulars against the documents produced.

Upon successful verification, the old address will be obliterated by cutting grooves across it by using a special metal inscriber. It will be further marked out with permanent ink. A sticker showing the new address would then be printed and pasted onto your existing IC.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Re: Got my SPR, and then what?

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 19 May 2015 10:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:A sticker showing the new address would then be printed and pasted onto your existing IC.
Adding on, for driving license OP has to go to Ubi with a passport size photo and pay for new DL under the IC number.

OP, Google ICA Oscars for the one stop information update

Stupe

Post by Stupe » Tue, 19 May 2015 11:51 pm

Thanks folks for the advise!

I'll definitely take up sundaymorningstaple's advise as a first step, and see where I go from there.

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Wed, 20 May 2015 7:22 am

I recall applying for a new Singpass with my new NRIC but that was 6 years ago.

singapore eagle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by singapore eagle » Wed, 20 May 2015 10:32 am

When I became a a PR last year, they sent me a new Singpass through the post unsolicited.

The old Singpass still works, bizarrely.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 May 2015 10:44 am

They didn't have SingPass when I got my PR! :-( ;-)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 20 May 2015 10:56 am

Singpass? What's that? Like SMS I had none of that either. I think the only effect it had on me initially was that my IRAS tax ID changed.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

singapore eagle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by singapore eagle » Wed, 20 May 2015 11:06 am

Off topic, but the Singpass is a great idea. And government IT in general is very good here.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Re: Got my SPR, and then what?

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 20 May 2015 1:24 pm

singapore eagle wrote:Off topic, but the Singpass is a great idea. And government IT in general is very good here.
And in uniquely Singapore, Singpass is managed by a so-called non government entity, Crimson Logic

Like how defense manufacturing and support for all three forces, is done by ST Group.

EVELYN KONG

Post by EVELYN KONG » Fri, 22 May 2015 3:50 pm

Congratulations those who got their PR approved.
May I know how long yours waiting for the PR ?
My PR Application status still under "PENDING", now I everyday check my PR status , so stress

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 May 2015 4:44 pm

Upwards of two years. No need to check every day. You will get the results when the results are ready. Not sooner, not later.

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:50 am

Hi everyone,

I recently obtained PR status, and I am wondering how long does it usually take for the letter containing the details of the new Singpass to be delivered to my home address?

Alternatively, can I go to the CC directly and create a new Singpass from there?