Singapore Expats

Prohibited entry to Singapore for 2 years, can it affect S-Pass application?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
TS1989

Re: Prohibited entry to Singapore for 2 years, can it affect S-Pass application?

Post by TS1989 » Thu, 14 May 2015 10:30 am

UPDATE: Spass approved!!
ecureilx wrote:For the employer ? You can say due to misunderstanding on return ticket, refused entry (I hope that is good)
Thank you so much!! This is what I indicated when I declared "YES" to being prohibited in SG. Sent the application form back to HR and they didn't ask me any questions or clarifications about it. Next thing I know, my SPASS has been approved!!

Now onto the next step!
ecureilx wrote:The procedure that worked most of the times:

Fill the form 14A, http://www.ica.gov.sg/e_services_overvi ... pageid=291

Attach a copy of the local sponsor's IC, and a cover letter explaining what happened during the previous visit, and if they had stamped anything on the passport, copy that page, and send by post. No email submissions are accepted, from what I know. Alternate is for the sponsor to go personally and submit it at ICA.
I will try if HR is willing to be the local sponsor since there's an IPA already, and have them write the letter of appeal for re-entry on my behalf since they are hiring me. They may already have written similar letters for visa requirements. Is there also a form that sponsor needs to fill out or none?
ecureilx wrote: If you have no other story that you forgot, or should disclose to ICA, you should get a successful appeal.
No other story. Crossing my fingers!!! Wish me luck!! Thank you so much for all the help!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Prohibited entry to Singapore for 2 years, can it affect S-Pass application?

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 14 May 2015 12:35 pm

First, congrats ..
TS1989 wrote: I will try if HR is willing to be the local sponsor since there's an IPA already, and have them write the letter of appeal for re-entry on my behalf since they are hiring me. They may already have written similar letters for visa requirements. Is there also a form that sponsor needs to fill out or none?
Most Singapore HR folks don't like to get involved in such matters, especially if it's a small company ....

No harm trying, though have a Plan B.

I think there is a standard letter in ica website .. I will PM you the link later.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Prohibited entry to Singapore for 2 years, can it affect S-Pass application?

Post by JR8 » Thu, 14 May 2015 12:42 pm

Well done, congrats... nice :)
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

TS1989

Re: RE: Re: Prohibited entry to Singapore for 2 years, can it affect S-Pass application?

Post by TS1989 » Thu, 14 May 2015 5:47 pm

ecureilx wrote:First, congrats ..
I think there is a standard letter in ica website .. I will PM you the link later.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I called ICA call center and I was told that the hiring company should write the appeal letter on my behalf, requesting to allow entry for employment purposes and that the hiring company should fill out form V39I and attach an IC (front/back). And on my part, I should fill out form 14, attach the paper they gave me when they refused entry and my passport.

However, upon checking form V39I, it's a visit pass/student pass form and some of the clauses got me worried, it states:
- he/she shall not engaged in any form of employment paid or unpaid, or in any business, profession or occupation, or in any activity which, in the opinion of the Controller of Immigration, is detrimental to the security, reputation and well-being of Singapore;
This means I can still work right, just as long as its not "detrimental to the security, reputation and well-being of Singapore" ?

- I/We further agree to furnish the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority a Security Deposit of $ ________ in the form of Banker’s Guarantee/Cashier’s Order as a condition for the approval of a Visit Pass/Student’s Pass valid for ___________ months and understand that a breach of any or all of the aforesaid conditions will render the Security Deposit being forfeited.
Is this necessary? I'm not sure the employer would be on board with this. :(

TS1989

Post by TS1989 » Wed, 27 May 2015 9:25 pm

UPDATE: The company decided not to hire me as they did not want to go thru the trouble of appealing. :(

Guess I'll have to apply elsewhere. Huhu

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 27 May 2015 9:56 pm

TS1989 wrote:UPDATE: The company decided not to hire me as they did not want to go thru the trouble of appealing. :(

Guess I'll have to apply elsewhere. Huhu
Dang

No point trying to tell them you are not a criminal ..

Kiasu at it's best

JuanDC

Post by JuanDC » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:55 pm

May I know why you didn't try to enter Singapore with just your IPA?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 9:10 am

JuanDC wrote:May I know why you didn't try to enter Singapore with just your IPA?
So the person can be A to A ?

ARjane

Post by ARjane » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 4:14 pm

Hi, sorry for interrupting, somehow same case here.

Recently this last March 24, me and my sister got A to A and send us back home here in the Philippines, we're from KL that time due to SVP expiration. Our passport doesn't have stamp or anything, just a letter inserted in our passport (Notice of Refusal of Entry)

And now we're still applying online. This week, a small Interior firm wants me to work as home-based Architect but I need to be in Singapore to do some site visits, so he is willing to apply me, but I told him that I got A to A.

As of now, I forward the Form 14 and V391 for him to check it.

Just asking if what is the 1st step? His firm is a newbie but registered builder in Singapore and he has no HR to manage my application. Do he need to apply me spass first before making an appeal to the ICA?

silentbob_169

Post by silentbob_169 » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 6:21 pm

ARjane wrote:Hi, sorry for interrupting, somehow same case here.

Recently this last March 24, me and my sister got A to A and send us back home here in the Philippines, we're from KL that time due to SVP expiration. Our passport doesn't have stamp or anything, just a letter inserted in our passport (Notice of Refusal of Entry)

And now we're still applying online. This week, a small Interior firm wants me to work as home-based Architect but I need to be in Singapore to do some site visits, so he is willing to apply me, but I told him that I got A to A.

As of now, I forward the Form 14 and V391 for him to check it.

Just asking if what is the 1st step? His firm is a newbie but registered builder in Singapore and he has no HR to manage my application. Do he need to apply me spass first before making an appeal to the ICA?
Hi Arjane,

May I know what happened on your application?

Deca02

Post by Deca02 » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 8:19 pm

Hello, may know if the appeal was successful.
Thanks a lot.

otaniriza

Post by otaniriza » Thu, 25 Jul 2019 1:09 am

Hi how will you know the years you are banned to enter singapore? No stamp on the passport just a paper stappled at the end of the page. Can ICA answer the years or are prohibited if you email them? My friend refused to enter singapore sept 2016 and planning to visit singapore. She emailed ICA and same reply that she will need a local sponsor to apply visa for her. However, we dont have any idea how many year until the prohibition last? Any idea how to check .

Deca02

Post by Deca02 » Mon, 29 Jul 2019 6:59 pm

Hi, i was prohibited last 2017. Yes, a sponsor is needed pero in my case they keep on rejecting my visit pass. Still i can’t enter SG. Pero luckily one employer hired me and apply my pass while in PH. It was approved, though wala pa ring assurance that i can entee SG again with my pass. Sumugal na ako cause i know wala naman ako ginawang illegal sa SG so ayun thank God everything is fine now. Have entered SG since then and my record was cleared. Regarding the time coverage ng prohibition, i am not sure. Yeah maybe ICA can answer.