Singapore Expats

Direct flight to Tel aviv Israel

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
tonyanderson

Direct flight to Tel aviv Israel

Post by tonyanderson » Wed, 06 May 2015 12:00 pm

Dears,

I understand there is no direct flight from Singapore to Tel aviv
what is the best flight route from singapore to Tel aviv and better airlines i prefer Singapore airlines :)

I am planning to go there for a business trip

any advise

Regards
Tony

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Direct flight to Tel aviv Israel

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 06 May 2015 12:07 pm

I'll bet you do like Singapore Airlines.

I don't know if you are a wind-up but just use any one of a 1'000 flight search websites and type in this simple search.

Flights Singapore to Tel Aviv.

I hope your line of business isn't life or death for anyone. :o :o
Life is short, paddle harder!!

tonyanderson

Post by tonyanderson » Wed, 06 May 2015 12:12 pm

Thanks for your reply

I know how to search but u ever had travel experience to Tel aviv share me or else keep your mouth quite

Man dont be rude

Regards
Tony

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 May 2015 12:21 pm

tonyanderson wrote:Thanks for your reply

I know how to search but u ever had travel experience to Tel aviv share me or else keep your mouth quite

Man dont be rude

Regards
Tony
Sorry Tony, but you didn't ask for responses that required travel experience. You only asked for the best flight route and any online search engine can provide that. Maybe you ought to proofread your post before hitting the Submit button. But as a Singaporean I'm sure you will say your Singlish was quite clear. NOT. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 06 May 2015 1:55 pm

tonyanderson wrote: I understand there is no direct flight from Singapore to Tel aviv
what is the best flight route from singapore to Tel aviv and better airlines i prefer Singapore airlines :)
I am planning to go there for a business trip
I'd approach it in reverse. Assuming there are no direct flights, I'd look at the direct flight-routes that operate ex Tel-Aviv. Then consider how that might connect onwards to SG, and if SQ fly that route.

One hurdle might be that the Gulf is a common stopping off point en-route that way, but I can't imagine you getting a flight from there to Israel. Flying past Israel to Europe and then looping back to TA via a 2nd flight might work... but long journey.

Presumably your workplace doesn't have a corporate travel agent? Shame, as they could give you the suggestions, that also fit within corporate travel policy.

p.s. I have visited Israel but not T-A. Even 25 years ago the airline security was off the scale. It might rank as the most paranoid (for good reason) country I've visited. It wasn't a relaxing week there. The nearest I can liken it to is visiting a country that's actively at war with it's neighbours (which it kind of arguably is) ... and all the security that goes together with that. [FWIW Lebanon is pretty much the same, but is a much more interesting place to visit, a true gem, less edgy, and friendly people]...
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 06 May 2015 2:48 pm

Your best bet is Turkish Airline with you want something close to the comforts of Singapore Airline. The stopover is at Istanbul.

There are other airlines like El Al or Uzbekistan Airlines but not sure about those.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 06 May 2015 4:45 pm

the lynx wrote:Your best bet is Turkish Airline with you want something close to the comforts of Singapore Airline. The stopover is at Istanbul.
There are other airlines like El Al or Uzbekistan Airlines but not sure about those.
That's creative. SIN - Istanbul on Turkish, and since they operate a codeshare*, there's potential to go on an SQ plane. That said, Turkish are a (perhaps surprisingly) quality airline themselves. Then Turkish IST - Tel Aviv*1. Might allow you to check your baggage through too? Or, if you have time for a lay-over, IST is a fascinating place too.

El Al. Don't know how they rate now. I think I've flown them once looong ago to NYC. Probably something I wouldn't leap at repeating.
Uzbhekistan Air - ditto don't know (there are airline ranking websites out there though). Tashkent might make for an interesting stop-off!

* - http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/about ... hare-dest/
*1 - http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/f ... n/tel-aviv

tonyanderson

Post by tonyanderson » Mon, 11 May 2015 11:10 am

Many thanks to all

special thanks to JR8 and Lynx
yes , singapore and turkish airlines is the best option

Regards
Tony

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Mon, 11 May 2015 11:59 am

I do this trip maybe 3 times a year. Into Hong Kong using any number of airline choices then El Al into Tel Aviv.

El Al are OK these days nothing special but not to be avoided for any reason either :-)

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Mon, 11 May 2015 12:16 pm

Similar subject, I am off to San Diego soon. JAL have the most appealing flight schedule with only 1 stop in Narita and short lay over times. I have never flown JAL anyone have comments on their quality of service?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 11 May 2015 12:44 pm

http://www.airlinequality.com/
and also, focused entirely on choosing a seat on any specific flight... http://www.seatguru.com/
I find both sites very useful!

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Mon, 11 May 2015 1:01 pm

Excellent thanks, silly but with all the flying I do it never occurred to me to look for flight and seat reviews on line :oops:

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 11 May 2015 10:55 pm

Steve1960 wrote:Similar subject, I am off to San Diego soon. JAL have the most appealing flight schedule with only 1 stop in Narita and short lay over times. I have never flown JAL anyone have comments on their quality of service?
I had the misfortune of being rescheduled due to equipment failure onto a JAL 767 from Narita to Singapore. The leg room was so poor that even a person with no legs would not like the seat pitch.

Be sure to check seatguru.com before selecting a flight. If I recall, JAL is skimpier on seat pitch than a lot of other airlines.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Tue, 12 May 2015 8:47 am

Strong Eagle wrote: I had the misfortune of being rescheduled due to equipment failure onto a JAL 767 from Narita to Singapore. The leg room was so poor that even a person with no legs would not like the seat pitch.

Be sure to check seatguru.com before selecting a flight. If I recall, JAL is skimpier on seat pitch than a lot of other airlines.
It's more complex for me. Due to past spinal surgery I get to travel one class above Economy. If I fly BA via London and San Fran it will be two stops and World Traveler Plus all the way and man those seats are hard! If I fly Singapore Airlines via San Fran it's going to be Business all the way but still 2 stops and it's dam*n expensive.

JAL is 1 stop and Business all the way and considerably cheaper than SIA. I did note, after JR8's recommendation to look at reviews on line, that despite running the 787 Dreamliner from Narita to San Diego Business seats do not turn into a flat bed. Strange decision!

Having said all of the above I am not complaining, just looking for the least tiring and most comfortable journey. If I could wish away the spinal surgery I would happily travel economy :D

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 12 May 2015 10:10 am

Steve1960 wrote:If I could wish away the spinal surgery I would happily travel economy :D
Nah... having flown biz class on SQ's A380's and updated 777's, you could put you and two Thai girlfriends in the seat with room to spare... true 180 degree lie flat.

I'd never travel economy except for the cost factor.