Singapore Expats

Saturday Hookah Session 2nd May @ArabStreet

Events and gatherings for the 40's Club
AmiraAlamri

Saturday Hookah Session 2nd May @ArabStreet

Post by AmiraAlamri » Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:27 pm

Anyone up for a laid back hookah session at Arab street? Just moved to Singapore and in desperate need of friends :( Saturday, 2nd of May at Nabins, 5:00 pm onwards! Anyone welcome to join! P.S. you don't have to like/smoke shisha to attend! We're there to make new friends and have a good laugh! WhatsApp/ text me at +6581614951 see you there fellow expats :D

x9200

Re: Saturday Hookah Session 2nd May @ArabStreet

Post by x9200 » Sat, 25 Apr 2015 8:57 am

AmiraAlamri wrote:Anyone up for a laid back hookah session at Arab street? Just moved to Singapore and in desperate need of friends :( Saturday, 2nd of May at Nabins, 5:00 pm onwards! Anyone welcome to join! P.S. you don't have to like/smoke shisha to attend! We're there to make new friends and have a good laugh! WhatsApp/ text me at +6581614951 see you there fellow expats :D
How is it you still post from abroad and you are so desperate you made yourself posting your message under multiple topics (it will be removed)?

While you may be a genuine poster with no bad intentions, users new to this forum and to Singapore should exercise caution and use common sense while meeting some strangers that appear generally overenthusiastic and hyperactive.

Meeting such people will unlikely put you in any real danger but you may get disappointed discovering at one point it was just about your money.
Among some others, possible scenarios may include dining/shopping places associated with the poster and property related deals.

AmiraAlamri

Post by AmiraAlamri » Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:10 am

Over enthusiastic and hyperactive? Desperate? I was purely trying to be friendly and just trying to make as many friends as I could that's why I posted multiple times. And what's this about money? Wow... I'm stunned to say the least. I fail to understand what you were trying to point out regarding your statement "all about your money"??? All I was trying to do was make new friends in the country I just moved to. I have absolutely no malicious intentions whatsoever. But, I'll let you be the judge. By the way, I'm in Indonesia for a two week holiday visiting my family whom I've missed miserably because I've been feeling extremely lonely living in Singapore. My flight back to Singapore is on Monday night. You may delete all my posts and you may even ban me from this site if this is the kind of treatment you usually give to your members. Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Apr 2015 9:48 pm

Don't get yer knickers in a twist. We get all kinds on the board and moderating it is not often easy. We do make the occasional misreading of a post, but remember, all we have is the written word and without tone we have to take it as it's presented. Generally, certain ways of writing, especially on initial posts, sets of warning flags. If we are wrong, generally the poster will take issue with it, as you have done. Normally if we are right, we never hear from them again. Had we been sure you would not have had the ability to make the second post as your post would have been deleted and you would have been summarily banned. We run a tight ship here, or at least we try.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 27 Apr 2015 8:39 am

What he said.
You ticked one box too many including that you were actually reported by a different user for multiple posts on the same topic. Such behavior is not welcomed here as after short time it would convert any reasonable discussion board into rubbish. It is sort of common sense if you focuse a bit more on a community every mature forum is about and less on your ad hoc, private goals.

AmiraAlamri

Post by AmiraAlamri » Tue, 28 Apr 2015 3:12 pm

All right, I apologize for causing any inconvenience... You may delete my post, I doubt anyone wants to join anyways... Thanks and have a good one...