Singapore Expats

Citizenship by descent

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 8:21 am

I've already given them a solution that I espoused 5 years or so ago, but in it's most recent configuration it went like this.....

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra6 ... ies#622835
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Champion21

Re: Citizenship by descent

Post by Champion21 » Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:43 am

I hope someone can help me out here...

I am an Australian and have a potential job offer in Singapore. My daughter who was born in Australia 9 years ago obtained her Singapore citizenship via citizen by descent. My wife is a Singapore citizen and an Australian PR currently. My daughter has been attending school in Australia thus far.

My potential job offer in Singapore includes provision of International Schooling for my daughter. However, I was advised that she may have trouble enrolling into one since she is a citizen of Singapore.

Appreciate if someone could offer some advice on this. Cheers!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:45 pm

This is correct, she will need a permission from MOE. It is probably the best you contact MOE directly.
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... m-schools/

I have no idea how do they see temporary returning citizens but I believe you may have a case.

Champion21

Post by Champion21 » Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:53 pm

x9200 wrote:This is correct, she will need a permission from MOE. It is probably the best you contact MOE directly.
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... m-schools/

I have no idea how do they see temporary returning citizens but I believe you may have a case.
Thanks v much! The link is indeed v helpful!

Lchoo3

Post by Lchoo3 » Wed, 09 Sep 2015 7:39 pm

Does anyone know if my daughter who is sin citizen by descent and born and bred in Thailand does not take the oath of citizenship, will she be allowed a PR status instead?

My dilemma is that she now wants to work in sin and as a foreignor to apply job as fresh grad is slim, sin clamping foreign immigrants and bias towards ex sin . Some one suggested trying for PR( she never lived there) instead of taking the oath of citizenship.

My fear is if she doesn't like living in sin, coming background to Thailand gets tricky