Singapore Expats

PR Approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
afrapop

PR Approved

Post by afrapop » Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:42 pm

Hey guys,

I got my PR approved on my second application. Yes, my first was turned down without any invitation to reapply. I just want to give encouragement to those hardworking charitable individuals who genuinely wish to settle here: dont listen to the doomsayers on this forum who for some bizarre reason think they are the expert authorities on this subject. They are not.

Just work hard, peresevere, be respectful to all, give back and be responsible - guidance which applies to most aspects of life.

Cheers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Approved

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Apr 2015 8:00 am

So, for curiosity's sake, what exactly DID your first rejection letter have on it? Quote please as otherwise context may be missing, like your post was missing. You only gave what it didn't have, not what it did have. Our readers might be interested. That is what this forum is for, sharing. So share what you original rejection letter did actually say (there are numerous formats for those letters we know of three or four). We, just like everybody else only get our information and trends from our regulars and our personal contacts of a long period of time. It's our readers who give us the data, not the other way around. We know that they haven't been using the invite to reapply in two years time letter for a couple of years now. So it would be nice if you had the courtesy to share like everybody else, rather than just gloat.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

afrapop

Post by afrapop » Sat, 18 Apr 2015 12:34 pm

If i recall, it was something along the lines of "Sorry your application was not approved, but you are welcome to stay on your existing pass", or words to that effect.

The purpose of my post was to give encouragement and to avoid disheartenment. On that basis, i do not wish to divulge my stats.

Thanks, and good luck to all.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 18 Apr 2015 3:25 pm

afrapop wrote:If i recall, it was something along the lines of "Sorry your application was not approved, but you are welcome to stay on your existing pass", or words to that effect.
Had your application stats changed in any material way between your applications? Job change, promotion, salary hike, married, had children etc?
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

afrapop

Post by afrapop » Sat, 18 Apr 2015 4:08 pm

As I mentioned I don't wish to give out stats. Just encouragement.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Apr 2015 6:12 pm

Pretty useless twit I'd say. Smoke blower only.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 18 Apr 2015 6:20 pm

Here's some more encouragement:

---------
'Hi, this is my first post here. I just wanted to say that my application for XYX didn't succeed first time. But I persisted and fought, and I never gave up. And you know what, I got it. I can't say how, as that's private, but I just wanted to say I got it. So everybody, you can get it too. Be as happy as I am, keep trying, and you too might get it. Dreams really do come true.
-----------

Sounds about as useful as the OPs tale. HTH, and remember, 'never give up'.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:56 pm

To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Sun, 19 Apr 2015 12:23 pm

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

above expression express my feeling.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:01 am

afrapop wrote:Hey guys,

I got my PR approved on my second application. Yes, my first was turned down without any invitation to reapply. I just want to give encouragement to those hardworking charitable individuals who genuinely wish to settle here: dont listen to the doomsayers on this forum who for some bizarre reason think they are the expert authorities on this subject. They are not.

Just work hard, peresevere, be respectful to all, give back and be responsible - guidance which applies to most aspects of life.

Cheers
Hey guys,

We've got hundreds (if not thousands) of PR hopefuls browsing through this forum for information and guidance every day. Some of them gets approved (congratulations!) while some of them don't. Some of them comes back here to share and to guide, some of them just disappear after they've got what they want from here. Some of them really don't deserve the help they are demanding for, while some do their due diligence and ask the right questions in the right manner. I just want to give encouragement to those hardworking charitable individuals who genuinely wish to settle here: don't listen to every poster on this forum who for some bizarre reason think it is fun to be a herald that he's got a PR approval but refuses to give info to help other genuine hopeful posters. These people are not (genuine).

Just work hard, persevere, be respectful to all, give back and be responsible - guidance which applies to most aspects of life.

Cheers

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:57 pm

the lynx wrote:
afrapop wrote:Hey guys,

Cheers
Hey guys,

We've got hundreds (if not thousands) of PR hopefuls browsing through this forum for information and guidance every day. Some of them gets approved (congratulations!) while some of them don't. Some of them comes back here to share and to guide, some of them just disappear after they've got what they want from here. Some of them really don't deserve the help they are demanding for, while some do their due diligence and ask the right questions in the right manner. I just want to give encouragement to those hardworking charitable individuals who genuinely wish to settle here: don't listen to every poster on this forum who for some bizarre reason think it is fun to be a herald that he's got a PR approval but refuses to give info to help other genuine hopeful posters. These people are not (genuine).

Just work hard, persevere, be respectful to all, give back and be responsible - guidance which applies to most aspects of life.

Cheers

give u a big big "LIKE"

komatineni

Post by komatineni » Tue, 21 Apr 2015 7:56 pm

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
:-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

Sunrisesingapore

Post by Sunrisesingapore » Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:53 pm

OP: How long did it take you in total, like from application date to receiving approval online, to receiving approval letter to completion of formalities?

Anyone else help?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Apr 2015 3:32 pm

How will that help? It can take from one month to 18 months or as we just saw, 24 months.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:02 am

Sunrisesingapore wrote:OP: How long did it take you in total, like from application date to receiving approval online, to receiving approval letter to completion of formalities?

Anyone else help?
As SMS said, that information would be of no help at all. You may get it approved in a month or 3 years. Does it really matter as long as it's approved eventually?

All we care about is the OP's stats at the time of his first application (which was rejected) and at the time of his 2nd application (which was approved) so that we can determine what changed ICA's mind to grant him PR. Otherwise, simply and bluntly put, I'm inclined to believe the OP is trolling.