Singapore Expats

Best place to buy men's (workout) swimwear?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
russch

Best place to buy men's (workout) swimwear?

Post by russch » Sun, 12 Apr 2015 7:52 am

Hey All -

Looking to purchase a suit and goggles (retail vs. online) today. It looks like once upon a time there were several "Arena" stores in major malls, but they have now closed. Most of the other brick-and-mortar sports retailers I'm finding might have googles, but not trunks..a couple seem to have very high-tech/competitive and pricey suits: I'm more like Fred Flintstone than Michael Phelps, so these aren't going to help except as comic relief.

Is my best bet over at Queensway Shopping Center near Ikea? I live on Beach road, btw and would prefer not to drag my ass all over town :)

Thanks!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Best place to buy men's (workout) swimwear?

Post by the lynx » Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:12 am

russch wrote:Hey All -

Looking to purchase a suit and goggles (retail vs. online) today. It looks like once upon a time there were several "Arena" stores in major malls, but they have now closed. Most of the other brick-and-mortar sports retailers I'm finding might have googles, but not trunks..a couple seem to have very high-tech/competitive and pricey suits: I'm more like Fred Flintstone than Michael Phelps, so these aren't going to help except as comic relief.

Is my best bet over at Queensway Shopping Center near Ikea? I live on Beach road, btw and would prefer not to drag my ass all over town :)

Thanks!
Arena is still around. But sold under Sun Paradise.

OK the fact you're more like Fred Flintstone doesn't give enough info. You want your swimwear in which cutting? (in order of decreasing amount of flesh shown)
1. Brief
2. Square Cut
3. Shorts
4. Broadsshorts

For obvious reasons, I'm not going to post helpful diagrams to illustrate the cuts. NSFW if you're going to Google them.

Some Fred Flintstone may prefer broad shorts, but some may like brief cutting. Hence my question.

For 1 and 2 cutting, you can pretty good ones at (in order of increasing price):
1. World Of Sports
2. Royal Sporting House
3. Sun Paradise

You tend to find common brands like TYR, Nike, Arena, Mizuno, Schwarzenbach in those places.

For 4, you normally find them in surf shops like Billabong and Ripcurl. Pricey I know.

All these places have outlets in malls all over Singapore. You can Google them.

Hope it helps.