Singapore Expats

Fill PR application form using PDF Editor software

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
streetvendor38

Fill PR application form using PDF Editor software

Post by streetvendor38 » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 2:46 pm

Hi all,

Anybody tried to fill in the PR application form (Form 4) under spouse of PR scheme using PDF Editor software instead of hand-writing? I called up ICA customer service to ask this question but the lady said she is not sure whether it is acceptable at the counter. The reason why I do this is because some fields in the form give very little space and there is not enough space to fill in using hand-writing but it is manageable if I use the PDF Edit software to reduce the font size.

Link to Form 4

http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... RASCPF.pdf

Appreciate if someone who has the same experience can give me an advice. Thanks.

Danny

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 2:54 pm

Reduce hand-writing size then? Frankly, I find it is possible to fill up the form without having to write outside the allocated boxes. Try it.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 9:09 pm

It's not a form. If you have Adobe Acrobat you could fill it out with text editing but this is a true pain. It aint worth the hassle. Write small. Add attachments.

streetvendor38

Post by streetvendor38 » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:26 pm

Since my hand-writing quite difficult to read, I find it very painful to write small since I can't even read it. Not all but some boxes in the form are really tiny and I have no way to squeeze the information inside without jumping out of the box. I still prefer the PDF Editor even though it might take more time ... Will the document be considered being tampered if I do that because by right the original form is in PDF format to prevent people from modifying it digitally and we are expected to use pen to fill it up ...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:08 pm

streetvendor38 wrote:Since my hand-writing quite difficult to read, I find it very painful to write small since I can't even read it. Not all but some boxes in the form are really tiny and I have no way to squeeze the information inside without jumping out of the box. I still prefer the PDF Editor even though it might take more time ... Will the document be considered being tampered if I do that because by right the original form is in PDF format to prevent people from modifying it digitally and we are expected to use pen to fill it up ...
tampered? how so when you give in printed form? beats me ...

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:33 pm

streetvendor38 wrote:Since my hand-writing quite difficult to read, I find it very painful to write small since I can't even read it. Not all but some boxes in the form are really tiny and I have no way to squeeze the information inside without jumping out of the box. I still prefer the PDF Editor even though it might take more time ... Will the document be considered being tampered if I do that because by right the original form is in PDF format to prevent people from modifying it digitally and we are expected to use pen to fill it up ...
Mate - do it however you want - and IMO, you'll hate the editor. Instead:

a) Find someone who has neat handwriting to fill it in.

b) Fill in the form with "See attachment X" when you can't fit it all in, then add a sheet clearly marked as Attachment X... that's what I did.

bloodhound123
Regular
Regular

Post by bloodhound123 » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:57 pm

A colleague of mine filled the PR form using the PDF editor and ended up getting the PR approved. So it should be acceptable by ICA

streetvendor38

Post by streetvendor38 » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:06 am

Thanks everyone for advice. I'll try my luck this time to submit the copy filled up by PDF Editor. However, I still fill another copy with my lousy hand-writing in case my submitted form is rejected at the counter. I'll come back here to update the outcome. Maybe if it works that way then at least there is an option to use PDF Editor for those who have lousy hand-writing like mine.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 8:49 am

Adding a piece on paper to fit in the information that otherwise wouldn't fit in the forms is an acceptable (and recommended) option as stated in the form itself.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Fill PR application form using PDF Editor software

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:54 pm

streetvendor38 wrote:Hi all,

Anybody tried to fill in the PR application form (Form 4) under spouse of PR scheme using PDF Editor software instead of hand-writing? I called up ICA customer service to ask this question but the lady said she is not sure whether it is acceptable at the counter. The reason why I do this is because some fields in the form give very little space and there is not enough space to fill in using hand-writing but it is manageable if I use the PDF Edit software to reduce the font size.

Link to Form 4

http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... RASCPF.pdf

Appreciate if someone who has the same experience can give me an advice. Thanks.

Danny
I converted PDF to word and then typed into the word document and printed it during submission

streetvendor38

Post by streetvendor38 » Sun, 12 Jan 2014 12:57 am

Just a quick update. My application form filled up using PDF Editor has been accepted at the counter. No question asked.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:05 pm

streetvendor38 wrote:Just a quick update. My application form filled up using PDF Editor has been accepted at the counter. No question asked.
Cool. Thanks for updating!

jocelyntyk

Re:

Post by jocelyntyk » Thu, 12 Mar 2015 2:32 pm

streetvendor38 wrote:Just a quick update. My application form filled up using PDF Editor has been accepted at the counter. No question asked.
Hi, i am sponsor my hubby for PR as well.

thanks for your info as I am using PDF editor as well :)

may i check with you, is it both sponsor and applicant need to sign at the bottom of every page of Form 4?

or applicant sign for all except for Part F signed by sponsor ?

For part C, is it we left it blank? as i am a PR and i sponsor my spouse as PR, so consider as local sponsor ?

thanks a lot