Singapore Expats

Tenancy agreements/leases and your rights as a tenant

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Tenancy agreements/leases and your rights as a tenant

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Mar 2015 10:55 pm

amazeprabu wrote:Sundaymorningstaple,

I feel pity for myself for writing here.

When did I asked for sympathy or shoulders to cry????

I thought of not arguing but the way u r understanding the things is atrocious. ......

I just asked whether my LL/Agent asking is right as per rules, you replied saying correct....that is all I expected instead of giving me lectures.

As a moderator you should be with more sense, I am not a known person to you, u cannot handle everyone in ur own way, being in virtual discussion does not mean u can write whatever u think.

Let us end it up here, I got my answers...yes I have to respect my owner demands.

Note* this forum will develop if u behave like a moderator instead of behaving like an anonymous person.

Cheers and thanks...
We have developed this forum for over 10 years, if you haven't noticed, I been here most of them. We've been the No.1 Expat Forum in Singapore for around the last 4 or 5 years, so, I reckon we are doing something right. Most who come here have done some research on the forum and are therefore likely to realize they are going to get the unvarnished truth and then some. Therefore, those few, like yourself, who have sour grapes even though coming here with hat in hands, well, let's say you should have done some research here aforehand. I've been here, as have all our moderators, a long, long time. Even the Singapore government follows our site and has gone so far as to invite myself for discussions on how to better facilitate appeals processes at the MOM. So, I'll take your admonishments under advisement, but doubt that I'll change too much. I'm pretty set in my ways of saying things as I see them. Good luck. You - are going to need it. Get a thicker skin for starters.

SMS

NB: Moderators here are moderators when we need to be, otherwise, we ARE normal regulars and post as such, when we moderate we will notify that we are posting as a moderator. Again, had you had the prescience to do a little research here you would have known that as well.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Search By

amazeprabu

Post by amazeprabu » Sat, 07 Mar 2015 11:42 pm

SMS,

when people go through this stuff, they will surely understand the right person.

Someone like me will search whole of Internet, forums and blog to understand the rules.

All I asked was simple questions, the way u answered showed ur attitude.

when someone asks a question without knowing, the answer should be straight as you gave but not ur comments which criticise the individual. If you are so experienced then you should know to be polite. I was too a moderator, what ppl expect is to be humble.

I always try to be humble in virtual world as fight or argument never helps you.

If government has called you then I should respect you but I am not sure whether I can accept it.

You told me some more surveys about the forum, I hope it would double the amount if your attitude changes....

Again I am saying, handle ppl in a soft manner, just few words can hurt as we did to each other. You are expressing your points, make it gentle, you have said yourself that many has argued with you. If I am the 1st person then i can be wrong as many have done it with then I think you should consider yourself to get some changes.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Mar 2015 12:40 am

Tell you what, when you have walked as many miles in your shoes for as many years as I have in mine, then maybe I'll take your advice. But I've done just fine for the past 67 years so I doubt that I'll change too much. Thank You. :roll:

In the meantime, feel free to not read my comments.

"...as we did to each other." You think you hurt me? Seriously? :roll: =D> You gotta do better than that. :console:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 Mar 2015 12:55 am

amazeprabu wrote:Again I am saying, handle ppl in a soft manner
Oh FFS you pussy, pi$$ off will'ya!
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

amazeprabu

Post by amazeprabu » Sun, 08 Mar 2015 1:10 am

SMS,

I respect you for your age, I don't want to take this further...If you are not hurt, I am happy for that.

JR8,

Hope no point in discussing with you....

If you are young show this message to ur parents...

If you are married then show this to ur wife....

If you have children and grand children, so this to them...

Someone would be able to teach u some manners to behave in public forums :)

good luck to all the newbie coming to this forum :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 Mar 2015 1:23 am

amazeprabu wrote:SMS,
I respect you for your age, I don't want to take this further...If you are not hurt, I am happy for that.
JR8,
Hope no point in discussing with you....
If you are young show this message to ur parents...
If you are married then show this to ur wife....
If you have children and grand children, so this to them...
Someone would be able to teach u some manners to behave in public forums :)
good luck to all the newbie coming to this forum :)
Just for the record....

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Mar 2015 9:58 am

JR8, I have a feeling I know why he was early on the chopping block at his company when they had to downsize due to the oil prices. :roll:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 Mar 2015 10:31 am

There's an expression back home: 'You make your own luck'.

It's interesting how that ties in with: 'You reap what you sow'.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 08 Mar 2015 10:46 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:JR8, I have a feeling I know why he was early on the chopping block at his company when they had to downsize due to the oil prices. :roll:
Lack of Team Dynamics ?

And coming from you, a well soaked Oil Man .. well, you may be on the right track ;)

amazeprabu: not to further offend you, rule no 1, when you walk into a bar full of guys, you observe the dynamics, and see if they really mean it when they tell you to piss of or it is jovial talk

And see who talks his mind and blunt, vs those who smile and shove a 6 inch blade up you a** when you are careless

Should you not know those basics, and demand respect, I need not tell you how things will pan out ..

Same applies to any online forum, and here, despite the notion of anonymity, not everybody is anonymous, and per SG Law, the moderators have to furnish email etc, if asked

Now if you had gone to other snobbish forums, either there would have been deathly silence or you would have been ripped apart, in no time. You did ok here, so far, from what I see ..

Ah, well, Oil and Gas you said ? I am sure you are much more experienced for me to say what I said ..

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 09 Mar 2015 6:15 am

One more person that doesn't know how to deal with an old, aging, curmudgeon.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 09 Mar 2015 7:14 am

Strong Eagle wrote:One more person that doesn't know how to deal with an old, aging, curmudgeon.

But he's still our old, aging, AND cranky curmudgeon!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Mar 2015 2:08 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:One more person that doesn't know how to deal with an old, aging, curmudgeon.
Let's see now, am I the old curmudgeon and you are the aging curmudgeon, or is it the other way around. We both tend to be cranky at times. :mrgreen:

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 09 Mar 2015 2:29 pm

typical post SMS's post expressions

SMS you'll need to start handing out these forms.

To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Mar 2015 3:23 pm

I reckon I would have enough filled in Butthurt forms to write a blog/journal. :mrgreen:

I like that form! I could almost modify it and use it here at work as well! :cool:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Mar 2015 3:24 pm

Could even run a contest for the best Butthurt form of the week/month.