Singapore Expats

Selfie-Sticks, also known as...

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
nakatago

Selfie-Sticks, also known as...

Post by nakatago » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:33 am

* narcissisticks
* wands of narcissism
* For romance. Why? Because even if you're alone, you can still take a picture of yourself
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Re: Selfie-Sticks, also known as...

Post by Steve1960 » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:55 am

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:17 pm

There is a sign in Clark Quay banning them. Perhaps they are dangerous? :???:

I did see a group photo taken with one over the weekend. That looked like a good use. I've also seen some pretty impressive GoPro footage too. But I guess they are so common that the novelty of perspective has worn off.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:40 pm

bgd wrote:There is a sign in Clark Quay banning them. Perhaps they are dangerous? :???:

I did see a group photo taken with one over the weekend. That looked like a good use. I've also seen some pretty impressive GoPro footage too. But I guess they are so common that the novelty of perspective has worn off.
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people in crowded places have been smacked with them.

I don't think they're tools of narcism (although some people probably use them as such), but just unique tripod/monopod devices meant for smart phones. They can take a lot of creative shots not otherwise possible.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:45 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
bgd wrote:There is a sign in Clark Quay banning them. Perhaps they are dangerous? :???:

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people in crowded places have been smacked with them.

I don't think they're tools of narcism (although some people probably use them as such), but just unique tripod/monopod devices meant for smart phones. They can take a lot of creative shots not otherwise possible.
The problem is people with no spatial awareness just sticking them out willy-nilly and end up poking some innocent bystander who was just walking past.

Sometimes, I think of walking up to a group of Asians and tell them, "I'm sorry but I'll have to ask you to stop because you're perpetuating racial stereotypes."
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."