Singapore Expats

S Pass Approved. Quandry?!

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
antonio78

S Pass Approved. Quandry?!

Post by antonio78 » Mon, 23 Feb 2015 1:39 pm

Hi All,

I am currently in a fix w.r.t to an offer I received from a Digital Advertising company based in Singapore. My S Pass got approved a week back but since my fixed monthly salary is less than what MOM prescribes($4000), it seems I can't get a dependent's pass for my wife and my 5 yr old.

Although I shall be getting an increment in 6 months, but considering SG increment standards, if I don't go beyond 4k, my family can't move for another year which is a problem for big criteria for us.

I also don't want to switch jobs soon although that is an option. Any advice?

The company says "Salary is as per MOM". Is that true? From what I know, Pass is as per MOM and not salary.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: S Pass Approved. Quandry?!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 Feb 2015 1:57 pm

antonio78 wrote:
The company says "Salary is as per MOM". Is that true? From what I know, Pass is as per MOM and not salary.
In order to get you an S pass, the salary is as per MOM. e.g., you are being paid sufficient dollars to qualify for an S pass. As long as you are receiving at least $2200/month. you are getting salary as per MOM. You must be paid at least that much "as per MOM". You will only get 4K or more if you are worth it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers