Singapore Expats

Where have everybody gone?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Where have everybody gone?

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 19 Feb 2015 7:22 pm

Feels like curfew right now at Tampines central, in the trains too only a bunch of FTs. Where have everybody gone? Feels so eerie and dead. My wife says, this exactly how a normal evening in a neighborhood in Sydney felt and she hates it.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where have everybody gone?

Post by JR8 » Thu, 19 Feb 2015 8:59 pm

Seems lovely and quiet/calm compared to normal. I believe there are a lot of domestic CNY celebrations going on tonight. Plus anyone able to pay the inflated prices to get away, has done so.

Don't worry, I'm sure the usual mayhem and noise will resume by the weekend :wink: Enjoy it while it lasts!
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 19 Feb 2015 9:01 pm

We are at the River Hong bao festival at marina bay floating platform and half of Singapore seems to be here :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 19 Feb 2015 9:06 pm

They're offering free goodie-bags are they?

:wink: :lol:
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Aragorn2000
Regular
Regular

Post by Aragorn2000 » Fri, 20 Feb 2015 7:06 am

Wd40 wrote:Feels like curfew right now at Tampines central, in the trains too only a bunch of FTs. Where have everybody gone? Feels so eerie and dead. My wife says, this exactly how a normal evening in a neighborhood in Sydney felt and she hates it.
It's always like that on the first day of a lunar new year. Ppl either stay at home or visit neighbours/relatives. Hardly any body wants to go to the malls. Some may even consider shopping inauspicious.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 20 Feb 2015 9:37 am

Aragorn2000 wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Feels like curfew right now at Tampines central, in the trains too only a bunch of FTs. Where have everybody gone? Feels so eerie and dead. My wife says, this exactly how a normal evening in a neighborhood in Sydney felt and she hates it.
It's always like that on the first day of a lunar new year. Ppl either stay at home or visit neighbours/relatives. Hardly any body wants to go to the malls. Some may even consider shopping inauspicious.
Tampines Malls were as full as they could be with only 10% of the shops open i.e. all the places to eat.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:23 am

Barnsley wrote:Tampines Malls were as full as they could be with only 10% of the shops open i.e. all the places to eat.

Renters grabbing a meal because their lease forbids them from cooking, storing any food in the fridge and their usual hawkers are away for CNY.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:31 am

nakatago wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Tampines Malls were as full as they could be with only 10% of the shops open i.e. all the places to eat.

Renters grabbing a meal because their lease forbids them from cooking, storing any food in the fridge and their usual hawkers are away for CNY.
:D :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!