Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Cancellation Problem from Employer

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
confusedasalways

Re: Employment Pass Cancellation Problem from Employer

Post by confusedasalways » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 2:43 pm

no, no i meet the bosses 2 times for meeting.. but both times its just my coworkers in diff division asking me to go to this place to this time, they dont even say im gonna meet the bosses.. so after the meeting, i really have no way to contact them..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 3:15 pm

ecureilx wrote:
confusedasalways wrote:sorry, but what if i have no other way to contact my bosses except through email? i was hired by the manager and i only work at the branches, while the bosses work at their own office, somewhere i dont really know. i dont want to resign through my manager, because she is such a pain. she won't let me do it.
???

Do you work in Singapore without knowing who you work for ? Image Image
I think OP mentioned OP graduated from a local Uni. If so, that would explain a lot. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 3:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
confusedasalways wrote:sorry, but what if i have no other way to contact my bosses except through email? i was hired by the manager and i only work at the branches, while the bosses work at their own office, somewhere i dont really know. i dont want to resign through my manager, because she is such a pain. she won't let me do it.
???

Do you work in Singapore without knowing who you work for ? Image Image
I think OP mentioned OP graduated from a local Uni. If so, that would explain a lot. :-|
the screen name says a lot doesn't it? :?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 9:27 pm

confusedasalways wrote:no, no i meet the bosses 2 times for meeting.. but both times its just my coworkers in diff division asking me to go to this place to this time, they dont even say im gonna meet the bosses.. so after the meeting, i really have no way to contact them..
So you don't ask your boss for his ,/ her name card ? Do you know the HR or no ?

Or look up the boss' on Google / LinkedIn?

Per MOM rules you need to submit resignation especially if you want to leave on your own accord

That's my 0.02$ worth advice

confusedasalways

Post by confusedasalways » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 9:33 pm

No name card.. its a teaching job, the manager and admins do hr work. But my question is.. its ok to submit via email right?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:18 pm

confusedasalways wrote:No name card.. its a teaching job, the manager and admins do hr work. But my question is.. its ok to submit via email right?
What is written on your employment contract? There must be some location there.

confusedasalways

Post by confusedasalways » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:22 pm

You mean its written in the contract whether i need to submit my resignation via email or letter r
or verbal? No, no such thing. This is my first job but i never hear such thing written in the contract. It just mentioned that i need to give 12 weeks notice and pay compensation if i leave before 2 years.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:37 pm

confusedasalways wrote:You mean its written in the contract whether i need to submit my resignation via email or letter r
or verbal? No, no such thing. This is my first job but i never hear such thing written in the contract. It just mentioned that i need to give 12 weeks notice and pay compensation if i leave before 2 years.
LOCATION, you have to have a contract (you have one, right?) and in this contract it has to be something identifying your employer. Hard to believe there is no address, PO Box or anything of this sort there.

confusedasalways

Post by confusedasalways » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:41 pm

Oh! Lol Sorry i didnt reread your post. I read it while walking home sleepily.. erm no, no location in the contract.. weirdly, they put my address there instead..

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:50 pm

Go there:
http://www.bizfile.gov.sg

and search the company name.
It should give you the address.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:03 pm

x9200 wrote:Go there:
http://www.bizfile.gov.sg

and search the company name.
It should give you the address.
or maybe he doesn't even know his company name :D

confusedasalways : per Local Laws, to avoid ambiguity, you need to send in a resignation, either by Email to the "RIGHT" party, or by a written letter, per the company policy

Verbal is NOT accepted and can be disputed, unless the employer has good relationship with you !

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 11 Feb 2015 4:46 am

Either (in person) hand over the resignation notice and ask to acknowledge the receipt of it on a copy of the notice or sent the resignation letter via registered mail.

E-mail is fine if you trust your employer, otherwise there may be no proof they ever receive it.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 11 Feb 2015 5:15 am

x9200 wrote:Either (in person) hand over the resignation notice and ask to acknowledge the receipt of it on a copy of the notice or sent the resignation letter via registered mail.

E-mail is fine if you trust your employer, otherwise there may be no proof they ever receive it.
some employers specifically state that you can notify by email, a lot leave it vague ..where they need a written letter with signature et al ..

Alas, I think our friend still doesn't know whom to tell that he is leaving, though he didn't seem to have had that problem when joining

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Wed, 11 Feb 2015 9:57 am

My $0.02, what I always do, and has never failed me so far (even when I was in a legal battle with my ex employer):

Prepare a resignation letter addressed to your manager (whose name you should know!!), HR (if there is any) and other supervisors you need to notify. Must include the address of the company, and your name and position, as well as the date of resignation. Short and professional is best - just the facts (that you are resigning and when your last day is contractually). If you are resigning for a cause that may come up later, include it (e.g., non-payment of salaries).

Print out the resignation letter and sign it. Then scan it and send it by email attachment to the addressees. Make at least one copy for yourself, hand over the original to the company - either HR or your manager or one of your other supervisors. (Store the scanned copy electronically as well if possible)

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:30 am

confusedasalways wrote:No name card.. its a teaching job, the manager and admins do hr work. But my question is.. its ok to submit via email right?
It's one of those things that every salary man should know:

To resign:
1. Tell it to your immediate supervisor/manager.
2. Give written notice.
3. Have proof they got written notice.

Oh well, OP. Charge it to experience.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."