Singapore Expats

entry visa application rejected for wife.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: entry visa application rejected for wife.

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:22 am

imsanal wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's better to go with you magazine full of ammunition. One bullet shy and you could be dead. Take your sponsor just in case. He might not be needed but at least if he is, they will know you were thinking this time. :wink:
if the cases are simple, the IC of the sponsor will suffice

if not, as SMS says, taking along the sponsor will ensure you will have a fair chance of talking to the duty officer

note that being allowed to meet the duty officer is not a given, the counter staff may review your case and tell you to go to the regular counter, if they feel so
Thanks guys for the information. i went to ICA on Saturday with my freind who is a SSingaporean. we met the officer inside an interview room, but there was nothing asked about my wife's visit and frequency of visits and all. She just asked the sponsor to write an appeal letter and asked for both our IC copies. She said she will revoke the rejected visa last applied with this appeal. Thats it. No Q&A or gave chance to explain what happened. Till the time nothing updated on the last visa, status showing not approved.
patience is a virtue.. there is nothing you can do but wait now. they said they will revoke the rejected visa so I guess thats a positive sign.
It might be prudent to apply for an LTVP.. just saying..
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late