Singapore Expats

entry visa application rejected for wife.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
imsanal

entry visa application rejected for wife.

Post by imsanal » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:09 am

Hello,

Need some urgent help. I tried to apply visit pass of one month for my wife in India through my freind who is a Singaporean. But the application was rejected. Then later last week I tried to apply through a local travel agency in India also but it was also rejected.

My wife visited me three times last year and she never did anything wrong neither overstayed a single day. Only thing she did was job search and attending interviews.

I don't have any clue about why ICA continously rejecting the visa application. Please provide any piece of information regarding how to appeal for the rejected appeal or is there any other way of applying vuvisit pass, like I saw some agents in SG named as trusted partners of ICA.

Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: entry visa application rejected for wife.

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 9:00 am

imsanal wrote:Hello,

Need some urgent help. I tried to apply visit pass of one month for my wife in India through my freind who is a Singaporean. But the application was rejected. Then later last week I tried to apply through a local travel agency in India also but it was also rejected.

My wife visited me three times last year and she never did anything wrong neither overstayed a single day. Only thing she did was job search and attending interviews.

I don't have any clue about why ICA continously rejecting the visa application. Please provide any piece of information regarding how to appeal for the rejected appeal or is there any other way of applying vuvisit pass, like I saw some agents in SG named as trusted partners of ICA.

Thanks in advance.
I would have to say that ICA knows what she is doing and has rejected her for staying too long (multiple trips) rather than applying for a LTVP and actually living in Singapore. How long was she here on each of the previous trips? Otherwise, I know of nothing. Too many trips is usually the trigger. ICA has NO TRUSTED PARTNERS. That's a sales gimmick. If I only take in, what appears to be excellent chances (based on my knowledge and anecdotal evidence) for applications to get visas, then my success rate is going to be much higher. I could then tell people I have a higher success rate than my competitors who were applying for all and sundry whether or not they thought they applicant stood a chance or not.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

imsanal

Post by imsanal » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 9:53 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Thanks in advance.
I would have to say that ICA knows what she is doing and has rejected her for staying too long (multiple trips) rather than applying for a LTVP and actually living in Singapore. How long was she here on each of the previous trips? Otherwise, I know of nothing. Too many trips is usually the trigger. ICA has NO TRUSTED PARTNERS. That's a sales gimmick. If I only take in, what appears to be excellent chances (based on my knowledge and anecdotal evidence) for applications to get visas, then my success rate is going to be much higher. I could then tell people I have a higher success rate than my competitors who were applying for all and sundry whether or not they thought they applicant stood a chance or not.

Thanks for the reply.
She stayed around 50-60 days everytime. We used to get some extension from 30 days by going in and out of sg from batam. Last stay for her was in NovNovember. She left last week of November.

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 10:33 am

imsanal wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply.
She stayed around 50-60 days everytime. We used to get some extension from 30 days by going in and out of sg from batam. Last stay for her was in NovNovember. She left last week of November.

3x 60 days = 180 days, so she was essentially in Singapore for half the year. Seems reason enough for ICA to reject any further applications. Seeing as it is your wife, you should apply for LTVP or DP for her, if you qualify.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 10:38 am

What your wife did was called "visa runs". ICA doesn't like it. And you should apply DP or LTVP for her if you can.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 10:43 am

imsanal wrote: She stayed around 50-60 days everytime. We used to get some extension from 30 days by going in and out of sg from batam.
what you guys did was a visa run, going to JB/Batam/Bintan etc are all tracked and monitored by ICA.
I'm not sure what you'll need to do to fix your situation, maybe a trip down to the ICA office and talk to someone there?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:16 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
imsanal wrote: She stayed around 50-60 days everytime. We used to get some extension from 30 days by going in and out of sg from batam.
what you guys did was a visa run, going to JB/Batam/Bintan etc are all tracked and monitored by ICA.
I'm not sure what you'll need to do to fix your situation, maybe a trip down to the ICA office and talk to someone there?
to fix it, the form 14A need to be filled, and a sponsor's IC copy attached, along with your pay slip, letter of confirmation of employment from your employer, and visit the ICA and ask the counter if you can speak to the duty officer

do bring along a copy of your marriage certificate and photo copy of your wife's passport/last visit stamps etc.

sundaymorningstaple: I believe ICA calls travel agents who can submit visa application as "Trusted Partners" though you are right, there is not trust there, other than the name being used as a form of saying authorised partners ..

imsanal

Post by imsanal » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:34 pm

ecureilx wrote:
to fix it, the form 14A need to be filled, and a sponsor's IC copy attached, along with your pay slip, letter of confirmation of employment from your employer, and visit the ICA and ask the counter if you can speak to the duty officer

do bring along a copy of your marriage certificate and photo copy of your wife's passport/last visit stamps etc.

sundaymorningstaple: I believe ICA calls travel agents who can submit visa application as "Trusted Partners" though you are right, there is not trust there, other than the name being used as a form of saying authorised partners ..
Thanks a lot for the reply and information. I never knew this things and couldn't find this info. Will goto ICA and see how things goes around. Thanks again guys.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 2:16 pm

imsanal wrote:
Thanks a lot for the reply and information. I never knew this things and couldn't find this info. Will goto ICA and see how things goes around. Thanks again guys.
protip: when you move to a new country, the first thing you do is learn their rules and not learn how to break them.

imsanal

Post by imsanal » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 2:50 pm

imsanal wrote:
protip: when you move to a new country, the first thing you do is learn their rules and not learn how to break them.

Yeah.... Now I got it. Thanks. But the thing I couldn't find all this information anywhere, even at the ICA website. We just followed what everyone doing.

Also I have a query, since the sponsor for entry visa applied is my local freind should I meet the officer together with him or the copies of his IC and passport is enough.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 3:16 pm

It's better to go with you magazine full of ammunition. One bullet shy and you could be dead. Take your sponsor just in case. He might not be needed but at least if he is, they will know you were thinking this time. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 05 Feb 2015 4:25 pm

imsanal wrote:
imsanal wrote:

Yeah.... Now I got it. Thanks. But the thing I couldn't find all this information anywhere, even at the ICA website. We just followed what everyone doing.

Also I have a query, since the sponsor for entry visa applied is my local freind should I meet the officer together with him or the copies of his IC and passport is enough.

its ok.. everyone makes mistakes :wink:, take your sponsor with you, it will add more credence to your case

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 06 Feb 2015 10:30 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's better to go with you magazine full of ammunition. One bullet shy and you could be dead. Take your sponsor just in case. He might not be needed but at least if he is, they will know you were thinking this time. :wink:
if the cases are simple, the IC of the sponsor will suffice

if not, as SMS says, taking along the sponsor will ensure you will have a fair chance of talking to the duty officer

note that being allowed to meet the duty officer is not a given, the counter staff may review your case and tell you to go to the regular counter, if they feel so

imsanal

Post by imsanal » Mon, 09 Feb 2015 11:48 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's better to go with you magazine full of ammunition. One bullet shy and you could be dead. Take your sponsor just in case. He might not be needed but at least if he is, they will know you were thinking this time. :wink:

if not, as SMS says, taking along the sponsor will ensure you will have a fair chance of talking to the duty officer

note that being allowed to meet the duty officer is not a given, the counter staff may review your case and tell you to go to the regular counter, if they feel so
Thanks guys for the information. i went to ICA on Saturday with my freind who is a SSingaporean. we met the officer inside an interview room, but there was nothing asked about my wife's visit and frequency of visits and all. She just asked the sponsor to write an appeal letter and asked for both our IC copies. She said she will revoke the rejected visa last applied with this appeal. Thats it. No Q&A or gave chance to explain what happened. Till the time nothing updated on the last visa, status showing not approved.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 10 Feb 2015 1:07 am

imsanal wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

Thanks guys for the information. i went to ICA on Saturday with my freind who is a SSingaporean. we met the officer inside an interview room, but there was nothing asked about my wife's visit and frequency of visits and all. She just asked the sponsor to write an appeal letter and asked for both our IC copies. She said she will revoke the rejected visa last applied with this appeal. Thats it. No Q&A or gave chance to explain what happened. Till the time nothing updated on the last visa, status showing not approved.
Manual changes to appears online takes time. Just wait ..

Or check your letter box ... more often
Last edited by ecureilx on Tue, 10 Feb 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.