Singapore Expats

Are there many tall men who are above 1.85m in Sg?

Post here for survey, questionnaire or poll for our expat members.
devilwearsprada

Are there many tall men who are above 1.85m in Sg?

Post by devilwearsprada » Tue, 03 Feb 2015 4:48 pm

Hi!

I would like to check if there are many tall man living in Singapore, who is above 1.85cm. I am doing some demographic research on population for my school project.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Are there many tall men who are above 1.85m in Sg?

Post by JR8 » Tue, 03 Feb 2015 5:09 pm

But how statistically useful would it be if ten people reply, half say they're above that, and half say they're below?

Perhaps you could start by saying what stage/year (age) of study you are in? This would help us understand the kind of context of the question. It would also perhaps help us suggest how you might best ask it!

Please don't let my comment put you off. We get questions/surveys now and again and most people are very happy to help students with their studies, either directly or with suggestions. As we've seen before a well framed question usually = a quality/useful response.

HTH!
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 03 Feb 2015 5:17 pm

I volunteer as tribute....

170 cm male here...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

devilwearsprada

Post by devilwearsprada » Tue, 03 Feb 2015 9:19 pm

JR8 wrote:But how statistically useful would it be if ten people reply, half say they're above that, and half say they're below?

Perhaps you could start by saying what stage/year (age) of study you are in? This would help us understand the kind of context of the question. It would also perhaps help us suggest how you might best ask it!

Please don't let my comment put you off. We get questions/surveys now and again and most people are very happy to help students with their studies, either directly or with suggestions. As we've seen before a well framed question usually = a quality/useful response.

HTH!
Hi!

I'm a 2nd year Fashion student in Lasalle and I have a current project on hand which I need to do on a research of the demographic for tall men (both asian and westerners) population statistic in Singapore.

Men who are above 1.85m. Please spare 5 to 10mins of your time to fill up the survey form.. Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9Y7DXKC
Kindly appreciate your help.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 04 Feb 2015 5:53 am

devilwearsprada wrote:
JR8 wrote:But how statistically useful would it be if ten people reply, half say they're above that, and half say they're below?

HTH!
Hi!

I'm a 2nd year Fashion student in Lasalle and I have a current project on hand which I need to do on a research of the demographic for tall men (both asian and westerners) population statistic in Singapore.

Men who are above 1.85m. Please spare 5 to 10mins of your time to fill up the survey form.. Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9Y7DXKC
Kindly appreciate your help.
We'd prefer if journos or students doing surveys are straightforward about doing so. Pretending to have other intentions is easily spotted by regulars and would be subjected to mockery at best, and filled in with garbage information at worst.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

devilwearsprada

Post by devilwearsprada » Wed, 04 Feb 2015 9:36 am

We'd prefer if journos or students doing surveys are straightforward about doing so. Pretending to have other intentions is easily spotted by regulars and would be subjected to mockery at best, and filled in with garbage information at worst.

What kind of intentions?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 04 Feb 2015 10:04 am

devilwearsprada wrote:We'd prefer if journos or students doing surveys are straightforward about doing so. Pretending to have other intentions is easily spotted by regulars and would be subjected to mockery at best, and filled in with garbage information at worst.

What kind of intentions?
Don't worry, you have been upfront about your intentions that you need the data for your school projects.

He is referring to some people who harvest information from this forum to feed ASS TEE OH EM PEE, TEE ARE ASS and the like.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 04 Feb 2015 10:32 am

I took the survey although i'm just 180 cms :cry:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 04 Feb 2015 11:59 am

Ok done. Good luck with it!
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

devilwearsprada

Post by devilwearsprada » Wed, 04 Feb 2015 9:20 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:I took the survey although i'm just 180 cms :cry:
No Worries.. I do appreciate your help a lot.
To having the understanding of the Tall mens' demographic in Singapore for my project. Hopefully I can think of great ideas to propose to help for mens' fashion as well.

I want to thanks to those who had help me to fill up the survey form and thank you for you time.
:)