Singapore Expats

International Driving License

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
hbw65
Regular
Regular

International Driving License

Post by hbw65 » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 6:39 am

As anyone applied for one here and if so, how do we change our NY State license into an international one. We want to drive in Thailand over the holidays. is there a website we can look at?

Thanks!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: International Driving License

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 8:44 am

hbw65 wrote:As anyone applied for one here and if so, how do we change our NY State license into an international one. We want to drive in Thailand over the holidays. is there a website we can look at?

Thanks!
I really question the usefulness of an international license. But, you won't be able to get an international license in Singapore except with a Singapore license. International licenses are usually issued by the local automobile association; here in Singapore it is the Singapore Automobile Association who will not issue an international license except against a Singapore license.

Are you here for a while? Then you need to convert your NY license to a Singapore license within 12 months of arrival to avoid doing the lengthy driving course.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 4:47 pm

i could be wrong, but thailand might be one of those 'anything goes' countries when it comes to foreign drivers.

you could just flash your foreign license and they may go away. or not. either way some thai dollars will prolly take care of things!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

royaltoon55

Re: International Driving License

Post by royaltoon55 » Mon, 02 Feb 2015 8:15 pm

Researching and answering questions on here is a good way for me to keep abreast of my own game. The habit of "just checking" before typing is getting to be a habit (at my age I know long just trust my own memory - and things are changing so fast as well!
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest mcsa 2008 and high quality mcse training gmat and mcse certification path We provide updated www.sterling.edu with 100% pass guarantee along with Thomas Aquinas College