Singapore Expats

Updating PR application (marriage)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zipton

Updating PR application (marriage)

Post by zipton » Mon, 26 Jan 2015 8:47 am

Hi,

I have applied PR 5 months ago and i am still waiting for an update. I am going to get a date from ROM soon. When i was applying i asked the officer about what happens if i get married during application period and she told me that i need to update ICA with getting queue ticket.

I forgot to ask to the officer that, does it means i need to apply PR for her as well ? If yes what kind of supporting documents will she need, she is traveling at the moment and our dates and schedule are a bit tight so i am not sure if we will be able to gather required documents for her, if i don't apply for her as well do you think it will cause any negative effect on my application ?

Another question is , it is not directly related with Work passes but what i read from ROM site ( i couldn't find it again!), if EP holder is going to get marry with PR, she needs to check or notify MoM about marriage, if her work pass allows to do that. Does it means she may encourage difficulties with EP ?

PS: I am almost checking PR category on forum everyday , i have not seen any update recently about PR application status this year so far, Anyone got any result good or bad ?

Thanks!

zipton

Re: Updating PR application (marriage)

Post by zipton » Mon, 26 Jan 2015 10:33 am

zipton wrote:
Another question is , it is not directly related with Work passes but what i read from ROM site ( i couldn't find it again!), if EP holder is going to get marry with PR, she needs to check or notify MoM about marriage, if her work pass allows to do that. Does it means she may encourage difficulties with EP ?
It is my bad , actual statement on ROM site is :

"Current or former work permit holders have to approach the Ministry of Manpower and obtain approval, if necessary to ensure their application to register a marriage does not contravene any part of the work permit conditions." , I was confused with Work permit and Work Pass.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 26 Jan 2015 1:13 pm

There is a rule that Work Permit (WP) are not allowed to marry Singaporean Citizens or PRs without prior approval from MOM. So if the person you're marrying is a Work Permit holder (and if you are a PR), you need to obtain permission first before ROM, otherwise the Work Permit holder will find himself or herself banned from Singapore.

If your situation doesn't apply, just go ahead but you must update MOM of your marital status after that.

zipton

Post by zipton » Mon, 26 Jan 2015 1:50 pm

the lynx wrote:There is a rule that Work Permit (WP) are not allowed to marry Singaporean Citizens or PRs without prior approval from MOM. So if the person you're marrying is a Work Permit holder (and if you are a PR), you need to obtain permission first before ROM, otherwise the Work Permit holder will find himself or herself banned from Singapore.

If your situation doesn't apply, just go ahead but you must update MOM of your marital status after that.
We both have EP so it is Work Pass not Work Permit , i was confused about it. It looks like they are different things.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 26 Jan 2015 3:24 pm

zipton wrote:
the lynx wrote:There is a rule that Work Permit (WP) are not allowed to marry Singaporean Citizens or PRs without prior approval from MOM. So if the person you're marrying is a Work Permit holder (and if you are a PR), you need to obtain permission first before ROM, otherwise the Work Permit holder will find himself or herself banned from Singapore.

We both have EP so it is Work Pass not Work Permit , i was confused about it. It looks like they are different things.
It is ok. The way MOM names the work passes can really drive people nuts.

Work Pass/Work Visa consists of:
1. Employment Permit (EP)
2. S Pass
3. Work Permit (WP)
4. Training Employment Pass (TEP)
5. Training Worker Permit (TWP)
and many more...