Singapore Expats

Cheapest home broadband for 11 month use?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
jumkanana

Cheapest home broadband for 11 month use?

Post by jumkanana » Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:48 pm

I used to share a flat with friends. I have moved out to an independent HDB flat with my girlfriend for the next 11 months (Feb-Dec). We will be moving back to the US in Jan 2016.

I want to know what is the cheapest home broadband connection for our situation?

Our needs are minimal. We don't need a TV or postpaid cellphone connection. The slowest broadband is fine for us. Mobile broadband is not suitable for us. We hope to have the least installation and termination fees.

We use Starhub prepaid SIMs for our phones. Even that is almost never used since we mostly use Whatsapp and Viber.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Cheapest home broadband for 11 month use?

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 23 Jan 2015 7:48 pm

jumkanana wrote:I used to share a flat with friends. I have moved out to an independent HDB flat with my girlfriend for the next 11 months (Feb-Dec). We will be moving back to the US in Jan 2016.

I want to know what is the cheapest home broadband connection for our situation?

Our needs are minimal. We don't need a TV or postpaid cellphone connection. The slowest broadband is fine for us. Mobile broadband is not suitable for us. We hope to have the least installation and termination fees.

We use Starhub prepaid SIMs for our phones. Even that is almost never used since we mostly use Whatsapp and Viber.
One year contract from ViewQuest or MyRepublic, and just pay the extra month. It sounds like extreme overkill though. I'm not sure why mobile pre-paid isn't suitable, because it sounds like your best option.

x9200

Re: Cheapest home broadband for 11 month use?

Post by x9200 » Sat, 24 Jan 2015 8:52 am

I would also chose mobile bb.
Unless you live in a bunker with very poor gsm reception.