Singapore Expats

Where to go in South East Asia?

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
hallllo

Where to go in South East Asia?

Post by hallllo » Fri, 14 Nov 2014 3:59 pm

vkzxsharma

Re: Where to go in South East Asia?

Post by vkzxsharma » Wed, 21 Jan 2015 1:49 pm

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 21 Jan 2015 2:07 pm

vkzxsharma wrote:Singapore is a Rich country.. I was so excited and i made my plan to visit the Singapore.... My boss recommend me to visit this country on my vacation. So i told my wife to do the packing for this vacation.. Then i have to apply the visa... I search on google..
The Singapore? what country is that? and don't you know how to pack? is your wife a pack mule?

:mrgreen:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

asianwanderer

Post by asianwanderer » Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:03 pm

Ok, I've been a lurker here since 2013 and it's a shame I've only gotten a chance to join the community. Now this thread's definitely made me chuckle, LOL! Well, "the" :D Singapore is quite an amazing country already but you could also explore the richness of the culture and natural beauty of the nearby SEA countries like Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, among others. :)

hohoho88

Post by hohoho88 » Tue, 20 Sep 2016 4:17 pm

If you are keen in Singapore and are the adventurous type, I will recommend chartering a private yacht for a few days. You can explore around Singapore Islands and can enjoy the sand, the wind and the sea. I have decided to go with the idea after recommended by someone in this forum when I requested for a special and unique vacation. Maybe you can try it out yourself.

I have done some initial research on google and may be settling with SG Boat Charter @ http://sgboatcharter.com/

Will share more if I go with it.

toorak_girl

Post by toorak_girl » Sun, 25 Sep 2016 1:36 pm

Bali's nice too, sand, sea... beer...

Gotham

Post by Gotham » Fri, 04 Aug 2017 3:02 pm

Bali's nice too, sand, sea :D :D

MariaGiovanni

Post by MariaGiovanni » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 1:53 pm

I know that Bali is a popular destinations especially for Americans and Europeans but I actually find it really hot and the beaches not that lovely. Pollution was quite bad too ):

Persian
Regular
Regular

Post by Persian » Sat, 27 Oct 2018 11:47 pm

I personally wouldn’t prefer going to Bali. I rather go to Beaches in Thailand or Malaysia.

utkarsh_sinha

Post by utkarsh_sinha » Wed, 08 May 2019 9:17 pm

Indonesia is one of the best place to visit in South East Asia. It is one of the best photogenic place I have ever seen. You must also try different dishes. Things are also available there at a very cheapest rate. There are many top travel destinations in South East Asia but in my opinion, Indonesia is the best one.

sunnykids

Post by sunnykids » Thu, 20 Feb 2020 11:36 am

utkarsh_sinha wrote:
Wed, 08 May 2019 9:17 pm
Indonesia is one of the best place to visit in South East Asia. It is one of the best photogenic place I have ever seen. You must also try different dishes. Things are also available there at a very cheapest rate. There are many top travel destinations in South East Asia but in my opinion, Indonesia is the best one.
Agree! Recently went to Yogyakarta in Indonesia, it's a really nice place with nice beaches, wonderfully friendly people and UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Borobudur nearby. Really underrated hidden gem, and very affordable. Bandung is cooling and nice, and Bali is also very popular and beautiful :)