Singapore Expats

Changing of Passes

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Ariyanna

Changing of Passes

Post by Ariyanna » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:24 am

Hello lovely people,

I am new to this forum and wanted to know about the work pass situation in Singapore.

I am currently on my husband's sponsorship (he is a PR) , however since things are not really working out we are planning to separate (tragic after 5 years of married life)

Trying to look at the brighter side of life, sunny Singapore quite appeals to me.

So how would things work if I plan to work here.

How should I go about the pass - I know I need find a job first but the rule is that they will offer me LOC and I rather have a pass of mine so that I am dependent on myself and not at the mercy of anyone.

Look forward to hearing sound advice.

Ciao

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Changing of Passes

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:28 am

Ariyanna wrote:Hello lovely people,

I am new to this forum and wanted to know about the work pass situation in Singapore.

I am currently on my husband's sponsorship (he is a PR) , however since things are not really working out we are planning to separate (tragic after 5 years of married life)

Trying to look at the brighter side of life, sunny Singapore quite appeals to me.

So how would things work if I plan to work here.

How should I go about the pass - I know I need find a job first but the rule is that they will offer me LOC and I rather have a pass of mine so that I am dependent on myself and not at the mercy of anyone.

Look forward to hearing sound advice.

Ciao
1. If you are separated from your (ex)husband, your residency in Singapore is no longer sponsored by him. I assume you were under LTVP (because you mentioned LOC) right?

2. If that is the case, you should seek your own employment and get WP, SPass or EP as employment visa. This is independent of anyone else's status but your employer must sponsor this for you.

3. Has your LTVP been revoked at the termination of your marriage already?

Ariyanna

Post by Ariyanna » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 3:30 pm

Hi The Lynx,

Nope our marriage hasn't been terminated yet.
We have just separated, so at the moment still on LTVP.

Ciao

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 4:17 pm

Ariyanna wrote:Hi The Lynx,

Nope our marriage hasn't been terminated yet.
We have just separated, so at the moment still on LTVP.

Ciao
Then I suggest keeping it but start working on getting your own employment pass before LTVP expires because that LOC expires as well.

Ariyanna

Post by Ariyanna » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks Lynx,

On it right away.

Ciao & have a fantastic weekend