Singapore Expats

Re enter Singapore with Criminal Record?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
DominionXE

Re enter Singapore with Criminal Record?

Post by DominionXE » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 5:02 pm

Was wandering around the net for quite some weeks, i was thinking any foreigner here ever deported from Singapore with criminal record and come back to work? after 1-3-5-7 years? It look to me that those who get issued banned for re-entry Singapore is 100% cannot go back even you apply from ICA.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Re enter Singapore with Criminal Record?

Post by bgd » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 6:39 pm

DominionXE wrote:Was wandering around the net for quite some weeks, i was thinking any foreigner here ever deported from Singapore with criminal record and come back to work? after 1-3-5-7 years? It look to me that those who get issued banned for re-entry Singapore is 100% cannot go back even you apply from ICA.
It would depend on the offence but if it's serious enough for deportation then I doubt Sg would want you back.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 7:09 pm

Highly unlikely unless it was an offense commited either before independence or perhaps when records where on paper and it disappeared before digitization of the records.

The few people who have made it back in have probably reinvented their identity.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

DominionXE

Post by DominionXE » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:03 pm

bgd wrote:It would depend on the offence but if it's serious enough for deportation then I doubt Sg would want you back.
LoL, just keep you update~ all foreigner will be deported regardless what offence you committed in SG, whereby mine is mostly to fine (From IO and my ex-employer) but during my trial on court the judge gave me 1 week sentence to serve in prison instead of fine(Maximum fine not exceed $500).

I no steal no rob no abuse or not even fighting. Before release the ICA asked me to write in to come back to SG but i see other inmates stated their duration of banned from enter Singapore but mine is not specified but can be up to maximum of 3 years, So can it consider indefinite which i read on other thread?

i hope really they reinvented, because afaik i don't come across anyone sharing that they manage to come back. For me i was just wandering when can i come back at least for travel purposes. :) any senior mind enlighten me as how fast ICA reply your letter?

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:34 pm

So far, the only one "known" that deported and come back with reinvented ID is a China lady whos daughter killed (detail , you can google for Huang Na)

What the mother did is.
She burn all her finger print, recreated an ID with new surname, name, date of birth, etc..
Change passport with new ID. Return as Study mother.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 10:24 am

therat wrote:So far, the only one "known" that deported and come back with reinvented ID is a China lady whos daughter killed (detail , you can google for Huang Na)

What the mother did is.
She burn all her finger print, recreated an ID with new surname, name, date of birth, etc..
Change passport with new ID. Return as Study mother.
I googled Huang Na, and that is an 8yr old Chinese girl who was killed by a Malaysian Chinese guy. The victims mom wasn't a criminal, but even then is apparently living in Taiwan now. Is this the right story?

And if it is well known enough that some we're discussing it on the Internet, what happened to the lady who was "successful"? Doesn't sound so successful to me haha.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 10:40 am

methinks therat got his stories mixed up and has combined two stories into one.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:15 am

Victims mom(Liu Qiuying also known as Huang Shuyin) was deport from Singapore for overstay and illegal working.
She return to Singapore using new ID and as study mama.
When her daughter missing, her photo showed on the newspaper. Her ex colleague recognized her and told the reporter that she has deported before.

She swear to the GOD, she never been deported. If yes, she will not find her daughter.

This was heavily report in Chinese newspaper but Strait time or any English newspaper not mentioned at all.
Especially the method on how she create new ID and manage to come back to Singapore.

edit
add on
My reply is to "DominionXE" question on how to return to Singapore after deported and whether is there success case.

DominionXE

Post by DominionXE » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:42 am

Ok.. I must admit that I never come across that story, maybe I dont read Chinese news. Hopefully any person who come accross this problem. I already write in to ICA but I wonder when will they replied? Funny that when you call ICA they ask you to write in and wait, they never stated the duration for they to process your letter or tell you your current status.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:36 pm

DominionXE;

Just stop it mate. You blotted your copy book here. Go and reinvent your life in another country or location and do it smarter next time.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 10:36 pm

So OP ..maybe I missed it ... what was your crime again ?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 20 Jan 2015 8:31 pm

ecureilx wrote:So OP ..maybe I missed it ... what was your crime again ?

http://youtu.be/0UJ6kO0D42U?t=1m29s
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 22 Jan 2015 1:46 am

nakatago wrote:
ecureilx wrote:So OP ..maybe I missed it ... what was your crime again ?

http://youtu.be/0UJ6kO0D42U?t=1m29s
ah, that's a tough one :P

DominionXE

Post by DominionXE » Thu, 22 Jan 2015 12:00 pm

Yup, a single punch and the person sued you and went to court go prison come out sent back your country with no stated how long then you can come back to Singapore

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 23 Jan 2015 2:15 am

DominionXE wrote:Yup, a single punch and the person sued you and went to court go prison come out sent back your country with no stated how long then you can come back to Singapore
this is Singapore .. .. physical assault is not recommended, unless you are a native ( in which case atleast you will not be kicked out .. but you may end up getting caned .. )

You can try, after 5 years of being away, by finding a Singaporean sponsor to apply for ICA's approval and see what they say ! Don't hope for much .. Singapore govt law enforcement agencies have very loooooong memories ..