Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship Processing Time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sgpr82

Singapore Citizenship Processing Time

Post by sgpr82 » Sun, 04 Jan 2015 12:53 pm

Hi there,

Long time lurker & first time poster here. Me & my spouse had applied for Singapore Citizenship last yr Jan 2014. It's almost been an year and we haven't heard back from ICA.

Would someone be able to advise how long does it typically take to get the in-principle approval?

Ethnicity: Indian
PR status: Both PR since 2011
Married since: Jan 2013

thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Singapore Citizenship Processing Time

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Jan 2015 2:16 pm

The rejection letter will probably arrive in the next three months.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Mon, 05 Jan 2015 1:20 pm

Im still waiting for my reply too.. submitted as a family application (husband myself and my dotter). Wonder how long more will it take.

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Mon, 05 Jan 2015 3:40 pm

kcsyfne wrote:Im still waiting for my reply too.. submitted as a family application (husband myself and my dotter). Wonder how long more will it take.
How long you have been waiting for ? It's 8 months for me now and I beleive few more months to go, before I activate plan B :D

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Tue, 06 Jan 2015 1:52 pm

My approval took a year, and I had been PR a bit longer.

happyeggs

Post by happyeggs » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 9:10 pm

same here. i applied last year january as well and have not received any respond yet.

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Thu, 08 Jan 2015 5:01 pm

curiousgeorge wrote:My approval took a year, and I had been PR a bit longer.
May i know your nationality and also profile if you dont mind to share?

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Thu, 08 Jan 2015 5:03 pm

ful babu wrote:
kcsyfne wrote:Im still waiting for my reply too.. submitted as a family application (husband myself and my dotter). Wonder how long more will it take.
How long you have been waiting for ? It's 8 months for me now and I beleive few more months to go, before I activate plan B :D
Mine is only 5mths +.. haha.. i'm a kancheong spider.

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Post by Bakulii » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 4:04 pm

I don't think there is a fixed timeline for the replies; whether successful or rejection.
In my case, I applied on line early Jan 2014, submitted documents in ICA end Jan 2014 and received in-Principle Approval mid-July 2014.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 8:15 pm

Bakulii wrote:I don't think there is a fixed timeline for the replies; whether successful or rejection.
You are exactly correct. That's why we sometimes get short when people keep asking the same stupid question that has been asked a thousand times and answered here the same amount of times. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 13 Jan 2015 7:40 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Bakulii wrote:I don't think there is a fixed timeline for the replies; whether successful or rejection.
You are exactly correct. That's why we sometimes get short when people keep asking the same stupid question that has been asked a thousand times and answered here the same amount of times. :-|
Maybe we should reply with "X months" with X a randomly generated integer between 6 and 18. No explanations.

Some people are obviously not interested with the truth and just want to see what they want to see... :evil:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 13 Jan 2015 9:13 am

do you mind to share your profile?

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Post by Bakulii » Tue, 13 Jan 2015 10:13 am

Dear kcsyfne,
Please do a search on my previous postings....the required information are all there :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Jan 2015 1:08 pm

Bakulii wrote:Dear kcsyfne,
Please do a search on my previous postings....the required information are all there :)

That's not the way. kcsyfne expects you to do all the work and regurgitate all the information, ad nauseam because he probably has masters from reputed uni that nobody ever hear of in the developed world, therefore figures he's too good to do any of his own research. :-/

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 13 Jan 2015 3:44 pm

kcsyfne wrote:
do you mind to share your profile?
Not to demotivate you. But, No two profiles are the same. Even if they appear the same on the high level, there might be a 1% difference which we may not be able to see that ICA can see and the outcome of the application,for both the profiles will be different. So, in short there is no real use in comparing profiles.