Singapore Expats

termination of California fitness membership

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
rosalind1900

termination of California fitness membership

Post by rosalind1900 » Fri, 09 Jan 2015 1:01 pm

Hi Guys,
I joined california fitness in october 2014. and I paid for 2 year subscription all upfront something like SGD 1600.

It has been 3 months only. Now I am leaving Singapore. Does anyone know if I can terminate the contract and get the refund?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: termination of California fitness membership

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 09 Jan 2015 4:03 pm

rosalind1900 wrote:Hi Guys,
I joined california fitness in october 2014. and I paid for 2 year subscription all upfront something like SGD 1600.

It has been 3 months only. Now I am leaving Singapore. Does anyone know if I can terminate the contract and get the refund?
years ago, California fitness came after me when I cancelled, saying the reduced rate is based on commitment of 12 months or 24 months etc etc. and refund is NO NO.

I am sure they will pull all stops to get money ..

I would suggest you start reading up and file a threat via Case, if they refuse to budge

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 09 Jan 2015 5:13 pm

ecureilx, the OP paid up front. She doesn't owe CFC anything.

Rosalind, all you can do is check your membership terms and conditions. I'm pretty sure that you'll be kissing that money goodbye. Your only possible hope is if they have branches in whatever country you are going back to and if they allow you to transfer membership.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 09 Jan 2015 5:32 pm

Addadude wrote:ecureilx, the OP paid up front. She doesn't owe CFC anything.

Rosalind, all you can do is check your membership terms and conditions. I'm pretty sure that you'll be kissing that money goodbye. Your only possible hope is if they have branches in whatever country you are going back to and if they allow you to transfer membership.
I read the part of having paid upfront

I meant to say, they will pull all the rule books to not pay back anything, that's what I have seen from CFC !

transfer to another person or overseas, will still incur additional costs, unless they have mellowed

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 12 Jan 2015 10:11 am

You can have your membership transferred. Just find someone who is willing to take over. But different gyms have different policies. Some are OK with transfers (just like how you transfer phone contract under Singteh and Starhub).

But some are anal about it so you may as well as hand that membership card over and ask that person to pretend as you, or kiss the money goodbye.