Singapore Expats

3-7 December with 2 pre-scholl kids

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
movinia

3-7 December with 2 pre-scholl kids

Post by movinia » Thu, 27 Nov 2014 8:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I`m trying to make a good plan for our 3,5 day in Singapore. We are travelling with 2 small kids (4 and 5 years old). Look at our schedule please and give some advice, because I`m lost in so many web pages about Singapore :)

3 Dec 11.30 am we`re landing, our hotel is V-Bencoolen.

7 Dec 6 pm we are leaving Singapure

We would like to see:

1. Aquarium (or Underwater World and Dolphins Lagoone, which is better for kids, who love fish and reefs?)

2. ZOO (is there special attractions during weekend?)

3. Jurong Bird Park

4. River Safari

5. Legoland (is there special attractions during weekend?) How to get there in low cost?

6. Garden By the Bay

7. The Botanical Garden

Is it realistic to see it all during this time?

Where can I buy the cheapest city passes?

Is it cheaper to take public transport for our family or the taxi?
Is there any problem with finding a tourist information in the city? Connecting with wireless will be very expensive for us.

I`m searching at groupon.sg and deal.com.sg is also, it safe and easy to buy tickets there? Should I print my ticket from e-mail or is it necessary to pick up the ticket from specific place in Singapore?

I will be so gratefull for answering my doubts.

Best regards

Monika
Poland

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: 3-7 December with 2 pre-scholl kids

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Nov 2014 9:42 pm

movinia wrote:Hello everyone,

I`m trying to make a good plan for our 3,5 day in Singapore. We are travelling with 2 small kids (4 and 5 years old). Look at our schedule please and give some advice, because I`m lost in so many web pages about Singapore :)

We would like to see:

1. Aquarium (or Underwater World and Dolphins Lagoone, which is better for kids, who love fish and reefs?)
Underwater World. Find out when it opens and get there in line at least one hour before opening. If you have small portable folding stools you might find them handy if you tire easily. Allow at least 3 hours inside as you will never want to leave.
Do night safari. Not sure on the new river world as I haven't been there, but night safari is worth it and it's cooler at night.
3. Jurong Bird Park
No comment as it's been 25 years since I've been there. Maybe somebody else.....
4. River Safari
See comments under Zoo.
5. Legoland (is there special attractions during weekend?) How to get there in low cost?
It will eat up a whole day and I've heard it's not that great facilities wise and most things don't often work.
6. Garden By the Bay
Yes
7. The Botanical Garden
Possibly
You will be probably shagged on the day of your arrival (especially the little ones). So I think I'd rest and maybe contact the concierge about getting tickets in advance if you can. Possibly a stroll down Orchard Road in the evening with the Christmas Lights up. It's worth it and you can shut it down whenever the little ones shag out.
1. First full day, Underwater World in the morning (check opening times) then close by is the Botanical Gardens (this is probably more for adults but if the weather's nice it's good for an door spread among the lush foliage there (lot of walking). However, I personally would give it a miss in favour of Gardens By the Bay. Lot of walking there as well, but a lot more interesting things to see including the steel trees.
2. 2nd full day, If you can walk on the 2nd day. You might want to spend it at the Zoo/River Safari/Night Safari (all three would be a bit much but again, river safari and night safari will be in boats and trams so maybe all three can be done. That will pretty much fill up the day and night for the 2nd day.
3. 3rd Day, if you were able to walk after day 1 and still walk after day 2, then maybe the Jurong Bird Park would/could be in order in the morning (half a day should do it as there is also transport the western side of the island). After lunch come back into town and maybe a trip to the Singapore Museum would be in order. Again, in the evening, some sightseeing around town, like the Esplanade, A stroll down boat/clark quay in the evening. Or after lunch a trip out to Kallang to the brand new National Stadium with the retracting roof. There are tours of the facility there but I've not checked that out yet.
4. 4th day? Fill it in with whatever you were too tired to do after the lunch break on the 2nd or 3rd days Or, take a gamble by trying to go to Lego World in Malaysia.
5. Leave the last day open to do whatever you have come across after you have arrived and would like to see but try to keep it a half day trip.

Sorry, can't help you there.
It's is definitely cheaper to take public transport but for overall comfort a taxi might be better and you won't have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out the public transport system. Having said that, a journey around the island via the MRT makes a nice journey for a morning (after the rush hour peak).
Is there any problem with finding a tourist information in the city?
Connecting with wireless will be very expensive for us. If you are handy with WiFi, look into wireless.sg (slow and hard to get onto sometimes due to signal strength and consumer overloading but it's free. Having said that, check with the hotel for most of your tourist type needs.

I`m searching at groupon.sg and deal.com.sg is also, it safe and easy to buy tickets there? Should I print my ticket from e-mail or is it necessary to pick up the ticket from specific place in Singapore?

Best regards

Monika
Poland
The people are friendly here so you can ask most anybody for help. (and most are usually more than willing to help - regardless of what you read on this forum - we all have to vent at times, but again, we live here so we see the underbelly of Singapore that you will not see). Above all, enjoy your holiday.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

movinia

Post by movinia » Fri, 28 Nov 2014 3:06 am

thank you very much for so many information, it helps me a lot.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:07 am

movinia wrote:Hello everyone,

We would like to see:

- You can try the one at Resorts World Sentosa S.E.A Aquarium, it's in the heart of RWS/Sentosa, and there is also Universal Studios in the same vicinity. Worth the visit, especially with the kids.

RWS: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 771&type=3

Universal Studios: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 771&type=3

SEA Aquarium: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 771&type=3

- You can cover Zoo and River safari back to back as they are located next to each other, about 2-3 hours each location. There are a few different animal shows in the Zoo daily, get a brochure to find out the time slots as not to miss any of them. The Zoo has a water playground, so bring everyone's swim wear along.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 771&type=3

3. Jurong Bird Park

- Not sure if you need to visit bird park if you are already visiting the zoo and river safari, as bird park features mainly birds, unless you're a bird lover. Also have a water playground like the zoo.

4. River Safari

- You can do it together with the zoo. Same location. Try the Amazon boat ride for an additional fee.

- In Malaysia, you can do it with a tour.

6. Garden By the Bay

- Gardens by the Bay would be worth a visit, I would probably skip Botanic Gardens if i were going to the Gdns by the bay.

7. The Botanical Garden

Botanic Gardens - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 771&type=3

- Possibly.

Is there any problem with finding a tourist information in the city? Connecting with wireless will be very expensive for us.

- Taxi is Expensive but definitely worthwhile if you are out with kids.

Best regards

Monika
Poland
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

movinia

Post by movinia » Sat, 29 Nov 2014 5:48 am

thank you Abby

iznmrza

Post by iznmrza » Mon, 01 Dec 2014 12:20 am

Well legoland is in malaysia! The JBP and zoo is pretty affordable especially for kids! And for SEA Aquarium you can stop at habourfront mrt purple line and take a train from vivocity to sentosa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Mon, 01 Dec 2014 9:49 pm

Pre-scholl kids? So what is there available in the comfortable and supportive medical footwear business for young children? :P

patriciaang83

Post by patriciaang83 » Thu, 08 Jan 2015 2:07 am

Why not do a staycation at Sentosa, there are alot of activities there that kids can enjoy for a few days.