Singapore Expats

Looking to meet new people

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
tiina

Looking to meet new people

Post by tiina » Tue, 06 Jan 2015 12:32 am

Hei,
I am a 24 year old girl from Estonia, been living here for about half a year now and ready to meet new people to hang out with,eat good food and go out for drinks. I am easy going and cheerful and ready to change my routines in here!
If anyone is up for something can e-mail me at [email protected]

Tiina

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Looking to meet new people

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 9:16 am

What languages do you speak?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:16 am

Probably Estonian and Russian.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

tiina

Post by tiina » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:57 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:Probably Estonian and Russian.
well to be honest i speak estonian, norwegian and ofcorce english, no russian. my generation in estonia dont speak russian anymore.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:28 pm

If you wanna hang out with some new people, you can join the Weekenders group. I just posted up something for next week :D
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:36 pm

tiina wrote:
well to be honest i speak estonian, norwegian and ofcorce english, no russian. my generation in estonia dont speak russian anymore.
I have one Estonian friend who does speak Russian, she's around your age. But yes she tells me the number of Russian speakers are on the decline, I guess you guys want Nothing to do with Russia :mrgreen:
Welcome to Singapore

tiina

Post by tiina » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:39 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
tiina wrote:
I have one Estonian friend who does speak Russian, she's around your age. But yes she tells me the number of Russian speakers are on the decline, I guess you guys want Nothing to do with Russia :mrgreen:
Welcome to Singapore
that is very true, usually those estoanians who are my age and speak russian have some kind of close relationship to it through family or some other reasons. I keep on getting surprised that many people in here know estonians, cause there is very little of us left :)

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 2:41 pm

tiina wrote: well to be honest i speak estonian, norwegian and ofcorce english, no russian. my generation in estonia dont speak russian anymore.
Welcome to Singapore[/quote]

that is very true, usually those estoanians who are my age and speak russian have some kind of close relationship to it through family or some other reasons. I keep on getting surprised that many people in here know estonians, cause there is very little of us left :)[/quote]

How can anyone not know Estonia? to me Skype is synonymous with Estonia. There are several start ups and technology companies located in Estonia.
It's quite an interesting place I must say. :cool:

tiina

Post by tiina » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 5:02 pm

tiina wrote: well to be honest i speak estonian, norwegian and ofcorce english, no russian. my generation in estonia dont speak russian anymore.
Welcome to Singapore
that is very true, usually those estoanians who are my age and speak russian have some kind of close relationship to it through family or some other reasons. I keep on getting surprised that many people in here know estonians, cause there is very little of us left :)[/quote]

How can anyone not know Estonia? to me Skype is synonymous with Estonia. There are several start ups and technology companies located in Estonia.
It's quite an interesting place I must say. :cool:[/quote]

true that we are very front in world about technology and it things and very proud that skype is programmed by estonians but still dont see myself living there again any time soon, though havent lived back home for almost 6 years already and that feels like ages. I do recommend people to visit Tallinn as it´s awsome party town and great middle age old town.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 5:48 pm

You say you don't want to go there, is it because you discovered how much you love Asia? :P
For some people the romance with the continent turns into an inseparable marriage.

tiina

Post by tiina » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 5:52 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:You say you don't want to go there, is it because you discovered how much you love Asia? :P
For some people the romance with the continent turns into an inseparable marriage.
well it´s my first time living in asia so can´t say that yet but i am a person who loves new challenges and exploring the world so can say enjoying it so far a lot but never know what future will bring.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 6:13 pm

tiina wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:You say you don't want to go there, is it because you discovered how much you love Asia? :P
well it´s my first time living in asia so can´t say that yet but i am a person who loves new challenges and exploring the world so can say enjoying it so far a lot but never know what future will bring.
There is much to see here! Singapore can get a bit boring and monotonous if you let it get to you.
If you can manage to maintain the lifestyle you are used to then it won't affect you. I tend to do that, I stick to listening to music, running, watching football, trying to watch concerts around the region, explore, backpack etc, there are more than enough options, Singapore is a great hub for travel.

tiina

Post by tiina » Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:51 pm

tiina wrote:
There is much to see here! Singapore can get a bit boring and monotonous if you let it get to you.
If you can manage to maintain the lifestyle you are used to then it won't affect you. I tend to do that, I stick to listening to music, running, watching football, trying to watch concerts around the region, explore, backpack etc, there are more than enough options, Singapore is a great hub for travel.
true that it is a good hub to travel but flight costs are so much more in here than in europe for the same distance so that kinda holds me back sometimes. though been travelling quite a bit in here for the time i have stayed here.

singapore feels kinda very same all the time as not much changes in here but still more to explore and doing it step my step as not to do it all in a short time. trying to explore a lot of food options around here and see what else singapore can offer me. opened to kinda anything strange what can get to my way.