Singapore Expats

Merry Christmas 2014... and a Happy 2015 New Year

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
taxico
Director
Director

Merry Christmas 2014... and a Happy 2015 New Year

Post by taxico » Wed, 24 Dec 2014 1:28 am

Ah. This has been a semi-productive year for me. Although I went through a few rounds of interviews out of sheer fun (i already am busy with a new start-up), I found out I was not the right candidate for the civil service, thus allowing me to put my MOE-subsidized MPH to no use whatsoever.

On the other hand, I've begun to interact more with ordinary locals as regular Joe, and I'm looking forward to more of such interactions next year as my (our) product is readied for release to the local market. Hopefully a receptive market.

On the back burner is a solo project/hobby requiring more than a provisional patent but the reality of life means I know the product is likely to take a long (looong) time to recoup such a cost... I shall leave this problem for 2015.

I'm glad to be still in Singapore, although plans to return to the USA is again slowly being crystalized (after being put on the back burner when my wife suffered some health/medical-related issues), but unfortunately not back home to NY, NY, but instead... somewhere in Texas (!)... likely Plano. This is still a work in progress. Thankfully.

Recession or not, I don't think I can face the horror of selling a co-op in NYC.

Shout-out to Strong Eagle for always posting really useful stuff although he's no longer in Singapore, and the Mods for generally being less uptight moderators than those found elsewhere, and the regulars for making this forum interesting.

This shall be my only post for 2014 typed out in proper capitalization. Merry Christmas, you guys, and thanks for being part of my life.

Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Merry Christmas 2014... and a Happy 2015 New Year

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Dec 2014 6:55 am

Taxico, thank YOU for being a part of this forum. You certainly add a welcome perspective to it and your medical posts are a boon for all here. Best wishes for the upcoming new years. A Merry Christmas to you and yours and a prosperous & Happy New Year.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 24 Dec 2014 9:05 am

Taxico, thank you and all the best for you and for your family too.
So for all the others around (where applicable).

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 24 Dec 2014 9:15 am

Thanks taxico. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family. I hope everything turns out well for you and your start-up come 2015!

Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Primrose Hill » Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:17 am

Taxico, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Productive 2015. All the best to your product in the new year

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 24 Dec 2014 12:11 pm

Happy holidays Taxi, I hope you have a great time, and here's to 2015!
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 24 Dec 2014 2:08 pm

Happy Holidays Doc! see you in 2015 :mrgreen:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late