Singapore Expats

New arrival travel documents

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Re: New arrival travel documents

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 05 Dec 2014 3:30 pm

Yea, I just received another email from the UK passport office, not sure how given they are not open yet today! I guess some kind of send or receive delay.

Anyway they now say they still want a letter from the NSO confirming our marriage appears in their records. I was just about to hang myself when my wife saved the day =D>

Our first daughter was born before we were married so her birth certificate was marked 'illegitimate'. After we married I said to the wife we better fix that so it does not cause problems later. As part of the process we had to get the very letter the passport office is asking for and my wife found it in our document files at home :-)

Some here will know what this is. It's a Cenomar which is a certificate of no marriage. Used mainly to ensure people are single before entering into marriage it is also used to check and identify a marriage in the NSO records. We have two of them one search on my name and one search on the wife's both showing our marriage is recorded at the NSO.

Phew! Let's hope we can put this to bed now.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 9:18 am

Knock on the door yesterday evening, the DHL man delivering our new born's UK passport \:D/

Took 10 weeks to process.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 9:39 am

Steve1960 wrote:Knock on the door yesterday evening, the DHL man delivering ...
I'm surprised the guy knocked.

Singapore couriers are known to just slide that "no one at home. call us for redelivery instead" slips under your door.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 9:53 am

nakatago wrote:

Singapore couriers are known to just slide that "no one at home. call us for redelivery instead" slips under your door.
I share your surprise, the reason he had to knock is that the batteries in the door bell had died without me realising. I would have expected him to try the door bell then just leave the slip.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 Dec 2014 1:04 pm

Steve1960 wrote:
nakatago wrote:

I share your surprise, the reason he had to knock is that the batteries in the door bell had died without me realising. I would have expected him to try the door bell then just leave the slip.
For me, only Singpost did that.

DHL/Fedex, they called as long there was a number on the AWB