Singapore Expats

Zoo at Christmas

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Zoo at Christmas

Post by Steve1960 » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:52 am

I may ahve asked this in a previous year but cannot find the post, in any event we didn't go.

However this year we are seriously considering going on 26th December. Any idea if it will be hellishly busy or (hopefully) quiet?

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: Zoo at Christmas

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 1:54 pm

We went to the zoo last sunday. It wasn't too much crowded. Its lost a bit of its sheen. We noticed considerable drop in number of animals. The Australian outback is a joke. They have only 1 kangaroo there and that poor thing was so tired and was lying down, there were a few Indians who looked at it and were joking "Hey these guys are cheating us, they have placed a deer there, given it anasthesia", lol!

But we had a great time, nevertheless, our little daughter enjoyed the water park at the end of the zoo.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Re: Zoo at Christmas

Post by Steve1960 » Wed, 17 Dec 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I am just not sure how busy it will be Christmas week. Maybe we will try this weekend when the ex pats will be doing the last Christmas shopping and the locals taking advantage of the sales :wink:

Ion at Orchard was a real nightmare last weekend hopefully all Singapore will be there this weekend too!

Sad to hear it is going down hill I thought it was an amazing place when I went 2 years ago. Still as you say our 4 year old will love it especially the water park.