Singapore Expats

PR Rejected, Approved, Rejected : Now what?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Rejected, Approved, Rejected : Now what?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Nov 2014 2:05 pm

Wd40 wrote:Yes, we also have couple of direct posters in this forum who got the PR after the kiss of death.
1)SingaporeFlyer
2)Another Vietnamese girl, I will try to find her thread.

Edit: Here's the thread:
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewto ... 8&t=104107

Also we know 90% or more of the people only read this forum and ask questions, but never give back to the forum so, these people are never going to report when they get PR.
Where in that thread did the Vietnamese girl infer that she received the kiss of death paragraph? I saw her state she was rejected but I didn't see where she answered the query about remaining on the same employment visa. So, given that, maybe SingaporeFlyer is the only verified case. Is it verified, SF?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Nov 2014 2:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Yes, we also have couple of direct posters in this forum who got the PR after the kiss of death.
1)SingaporeFlyer
2)Another Vietnamese girl, I will try to find her thread.

Edit: Here's the thread:
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewto ... 8&t=104107

Also we know 90% or more of the people only read this forum and ask questions, but never give back to the forum so, these people are never going to report when they get PR.
Where in that thread did the Vietnamese girl infer that she received the kiss of death paragraph? I saw her state she was rejected but I didn't see where she answered the query about remaining on the same employment visa. So, given that, maybe SingaporeFlyer is the only verified case. Is it verified, SF?
My first rejection had the line "you are welcome to apply after 2 years". Then,I had received the letter with "you are welcome to reside on your EP" when I had appealed for my rejection. But I had significant changes in my application which include education, roles and responsibilities in my work, salary, etc which changed when I submitted my next application and it was approved after a long wait.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Nov 2014 4:32 pm

Which dovetails exactly what I've been saying on here for years. You need to, virtually, be a different person than who originally filed. This would necessarily take several years to gain additional certifications/education/experience and salaries. Not including possible family or family additions. Thanks SF. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 27 Nov 2014 8:28 pm

OP... talk about killing the golden goose. However I personally don't think PR is what it was worth awhile ago - look for greener pastures maybe.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

srikrishnak

Post by srikrishnak » Sat, 29 Nov 2014 4:58 pm

honestly.. this is a classic. OP can still apply, but probably after some time or when singapore sees value in having more PR