Singapore Expats

Querry on EP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
roselin0331

Querry on EP

Post by roselin0331 » Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:11 pm

Hi,

I was previously worked in Singapore. I lost my job in Singapore and had to move out of the country due to some my bad swituchuvation. I have an outstanding due on my singtel mobile bill. I am likely to join a firm in Singapore again in coming months, my doubt is that in order to get EP and re-enter into Singapore, Do I have any issues?

Will there be any problem in immigration at Changi with my outsatanding dues? Am ready pay my dues.

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Querry on EP

Post by taxico » Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:39 pm

roselin0331 wrote:Hi,

I was previously worked in Singapore. I lost my job in Singapore and had to move out of the country due to some my bad swituchuvation. I have an outstanding due on my singtel mobile bill. I am likely to join a firm in Singapore again in coming months, my doubt is that in order to get EP and re-enter into Singapore, Do I have any issues?

Will there be any problem in immigration at Changi with my outsatanding dues? Am ready pay my dues.
how long ago was it and how much do you owe? if it's a small amount, it might have been written off.

if you're worried, you can always call up singtel to check and make payment before flying in...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:43 pm

It would seem the first step, regardless of your present circumstances would be to phone singtel, make good on your outstanding.

And then bring proof of having done so with you. Otherwise it might look like your only prepared to make good if its in your best interests to do so. I.e. after you make it through Changi.

roselin0331

Post by roselin0331 » Sun, 23 Nov 2014 6:29 pm

taxico wrote:
roselin0331 wrote: Hi,

how long ago was it and how much do you owe? if it's a small amount, it might have been written off.

if you're worried, you can always call up singtel to check and make payment before flying in...

Thanks,

It was 2 years back and the due amount was SG$1200. please suggest can i entered to Singapore and then i ready to make the due the amount.

Is it possible? is there any issues in my immigration while entering to Singapore?

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 24 Nov 2014 9:53 pm

i don't really understand what you mean.

just pay before flying into singapore (with proof of payment/etc) and your woes are over.

roselin0331

Post by roselin0331 » Tue, 25 Nov 2014 8:02 pm

taxico wrote:i don't really understand what you mean.

just pay before flying into singapore (with proof of payment/etc) and your woes are over.

Hi ,

Am ready to pay the due amount but after entering into Singapore. is it possible?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Nov 2014 8:24 pm

roselin0331 wrote:

Hi ,

Am ready to pay the due amount but after entering into Singapore. is it possible?
Sounds like you plan on trying to slip into the country without paying your dues, if you ask me. Otherwise, you would have just paid your bill a long time ago. I reckon you ought to just stay where you are at. We have to thank you already as you are one of those types who have caused the rest of us to have to fork over ever increasing deposits to cover bad apples like yourself, who do runners. I don't have much sympathy as the rest of us have been victims of those types of shenanigans for over 3 decades! :x

edited to include quote as this one will likely try to delete his posts - moderator
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 26 Nov 2014 8:19 am

roselin0331 wrote:

Hi ,

mm... why not pay and then come ??

What is you find out the Telco don't want your money, but your neck ?

And singtel is known to file for debt recovery faster than M1 or Starhub, FYI !!!

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 26 Nov 2014 8:45 am

yeah, and their debt collectors don't mess around.

competition for debt recovery is quite intense right now and her debt is quite recent and of a decent amount... more than 1 grand.

enjoy your roulette, roselin. you can run but you can't hide. you will be tracked down sooner or later if someone wants your money bad enough.

just google jover chew.

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”