Singapore Expats

what's your excuse?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
nanana
Chatter
Chatter

what's your excuse?

Post by nanana » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 9:56 am

https://au.pfinance.yahoo.com/money-man ... ping-work/

I must admit, was so tempted to use Reason #1 on numerous occasions. :lol:

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: what's your excuse?

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 11:36 am

In the US, federal law does not require private employers to give any paid sick leave, making the US the only one of the world’s wealthiest nations that doesn’t guarantee workers this right.
I have never had to make any excuses to take leave. All the companies I have worked, have always been very generous with leaves. Every company I have worked, I was forced to clear my leave before the year end to avoid lapsing.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 4:24 pm

No. 10 :oops:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by nanana » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 6:39 pm

seriously, rajagainstthemachine ??! where did you end up then?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 8:06 pm

well... long story should have been on a plane, but wasn't but then someone said no you don't have to fly, someone said yes you do, they kept dilly dallying about it, so i just took off on a plane to visit my folks and then they said no you gotta be on a plane to somewhere else, but I couldn't cause i was already on a plane to somewhere else.
In the end they just moved the whole thing by a week :roll: :-k

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 12:06 am

and of course then there is this.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 7:00 am

I used this in an old job:

I'm sick...

...and tired of your management shenanigans so I'm looking for a new job behind your backs because I know you won't let me find one amicably so I have to resort to more than usually creative ways of making my life not miserable without you finding out so that I can still perform my job professionally without you having to be a dick to me just because I told you I'm no longer happy working for you and me knowing that you have full leverage against me while still in your employ so that when I do finally get to leave, I will do so without burning bridges and without you thinking I hate your guts so that at least we'll both get out of this whole episode looking like mature adults, even though I know that you know I made fun of you in my weekly webcomic wherein our colleagues in Japan and that other Japanese software company in the business park two cities away used to see what hilariously draconian policies you have enforced this month and they say they didn't because I know they do because I knowpeople working there telling me they used to print my comic strips and post them in their office bulletin boards as a warning about how far they can go before most of their employees resent them but hey at least I resorted to comedy and didn't name y'all by name unlike that local forum where the anonymous cowards of the internet stopped short of doxing you so you know I tried to exercise restraint even though I pushed the envelope without knowing if you even have a sense of humor but it's all good, right?

I'd call in sick just as I've waken up so that I'll sound groggy.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 7:36 am

surprisingly, I have been offered a job with a company, with roots in US (or so they claim) .. with UNLIMITED MEDICAL, and 500K Medical insurance !!

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 04 Nov 2014 11:37 am

ecureilx wrote:surprisingly, I have been offered a job with a company, with roots in US (or so they claim) .. with UNLIMITED MEDICAL, and 500K Medical insurance !!
Is your family also covered?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 04 Nov 2014 1:34 pm

Wd40 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:surprisingly, I have been offered a job with a company, with roots in US (or so they claim) .. with UNLIMITED MEDICAL, and 500K Medical insurance !!
Is your family also covered?
No, only employee is covered !!!