Singapore Expats

Forum Upgrading on 1 Nov from 8pm till.......

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Forum Upgrading on 1 Nov from 8pm till.......

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Oct 2014 11:55 am

From Admin......

The forum will be upgraded on 29 Oct from 8pm till (should not be more than 12 hours) so just please bear with us and hopefully we will be back online by late morning on the 30th! :cool:

sms
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sat, 01 Nov 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Oct 2014 7:53 am

Glitch in getting the Classified section to interact with new server. Had to revert back to old version. Will have to migrate both at the same time. Please stand by for another announcement from Admin.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 Nov 2014 11:24 am

Okay regulars, Admin is going to try again w.e.f. 8pm this evening. Bear with us.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:10 pm

Given how cheap VPSes are, even those hosted in Singapore, surprised Admin doesn't just bring up an entirely new secondary instance and migrate the data once it is working.

https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/#

Maybe I should make myself available for consulting :P

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by Pal » Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:42 pm

We are moving the Classifieds and Forum DB to another server then point the DNS records to the new server.

The long hours are due to converting the Forum DB which is phpbb2 to phpbb3.

If anything breaks then will point the DNS back to the old server. Tested these few days, should work well.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property