Singapore Expats

PR approved after 9 months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jess_perry

PR approved after 9 months

Post by jess_perry » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:44 am

Hi,
My PR has been approved after 9 months of waiting.
Profile : female/vietnamese/30 y.o / Been in Singapore for 6 years
Applied under PTS scheme (S pass)
Salary : $2450
Guess i am a lucky b*tch :)

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:54 am

Congrats! I'll be honest, if you posted that profile asking if you'd be approved I'd say not a chance without an SG spouse.

jess_perry

Post by jess_perry » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 1:18 am

Thanks zzz9980 :)

vsasks

Post by vsasks » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 2:07 am

Congrats. Not easy to get PR now. Treasure it.

Go for the pink IC after 2 years.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:25 am

zzm9980 wrote:Congrats! I'll be honest, if you posted that profile asking if you'd be approved I'd say not a chance without an Singapore spouse.
I am surprised you say that.

The applicant is right in the zone of folk the Govt wants to stay no?

Worker bees at a relatively low level.

If single , also OK as a good opportunity for the lady to integrate and produce future Singaporeans
Life is short, paddle harder!!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 1:00 pm

Barnsley wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Congrats! I'll be honest, if you posted that profile asking if you'd be approved I'd say not a chance without an Singapore spouse.
I am surprised you say that.

The applicant is right in the zone of folk the Govt wants to stay no?

Worker bees at a relatively low level.

If single , also OK as a good opportunity for the lady to integrate and produce future Singaporeans
Vietnamese? Nope. If she was Straits Chinese (Malaysian or Indonesian) then yes, I'd agree.

OP, what are your degrees in and where did you get them? Perhaps very prestigious schooling too.

jess_perry

Post by jess_perry » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 7:27 pm

I'm a born muslim vietnamese,graduated from RMIT -Vietnam campus.
My PR was rejected 3 years ago when my pay was 2k+. But life goes on, I've worked my ass out since then,subsequently got promoted with a lil bit pay increment.
I never thought of applying again until 1 day my boss came to me,she encouraged me to give it another shot,there is no harm trying anyway :)

jess_perry

Post by jess_perry » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 7:31 pm

PS : I've just realised that i made a typo in my first post.
My salary should be 3450 :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 8:17 pm

Now it means something. In three years you have increase your income level by more than a third. Add to that, you have been here a while and are still single. You are just about prime for the market place. And, if you were to get married very good potential for producing cannon fodder. :-| Congratulations, persistence and playing the waiting game has paid off handsomely. As another said, treasure it, as it's hard to come buy nowadays. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:37 am

jess_perry wrote:I'm a born muslim vietnamese,graduated from RMIT -Vietnam campus.
My PR was rejected 3 years ago when my pay was 2k+. But life goes on, I've worked my ass out since then,subsequently got promoted with a lil bit pay increment.
I never thought of applying again until 1 day my boss came to me,she encouraged me to give it another shot,there is no harm trying anyway :)
I'd just like to ask: 3 years ago when your PR was rejected, what did the letter say? to apply after xx years or that you may continue staying on whatever pass you had at that time?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:17 am

mystic_river wrote: I'd just like to ask: 3 years ago when your PR was rejected, what did the letter say? to apply after xx years or that you may continue staying on whatever pass you had at that time?
You cannot infer anything based on what you have asked. Because, there are some of my friends who received the "apply after N years" in their rejection and when they applied after N years, they still had it rejected.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:44 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote: I'd just like to ask: 3 years ago when your PR was rejected, what did the letter say? to apply after xx years or that you may continue staying on whatever pass you had at that time?
You cannot infer anything based on what you have asked. Because, there are some of my friends who received the "apply after N years" in their rejection and when they applied after N years, they still had it rejected.
Yes, but how many people do you know that received the "You may continue staying on whatever pass..." that later got their PR? I only recall one or two posting about it here on the forums.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Fri, 24 Oct 2014 1:10 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Yes, but how many people do you know that received the "You may continue staying on whatever pass..." that later got their PR? I only recall one or two posting about it here on the forums.
Exactly. That was the reason I asked that question. I already have a PR though. I am just asking because i see a lot of others asking this question and I'd like to know too.

jess_perry

Post by jess_perry » Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:50 pm

They didn't advise how long should i reapply in the rejection letter

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:20 pm

If they didn't say you are welcome to continue to work here on you existing employment visa and didn't give you a time frame to reapply, I would seriously wait until you have something substantially different on your new application, like a very good vertical movement in your job description, or a sizable increase in salary ( I don't mean a 20% increment either) or a new advanced degree. Otherwise, you will be wasting your time tilting at windmills.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers