Singapore Expats

renewal of LTVP of my wife

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ethanfellow

renewal of LTVP of my wife

Post by ethanfellow » Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:42 pm

Hi All,
My wife's LTVP expires on 12th Dec 2014. Since my wife is in India for delivering child in Dec 2014, I am thinking of applying again for the pass after 6 months...will there be any chance for rejection of the application since I am not renewing the pass now..FYI, I am a singapore PR.
Thanks for your suggestions and advice [/b]

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: renewal of LTVP of my wife

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 6:13 am

ethanfellow wrote:Hi All,
My wife's LTVP expires on 12th Dec 2014. Since my wife is in India for delivering child in Dec 2014, I am thinking of applying again for the pass after 6 months...will there be any chance for rejection of the application since I am not renewing the pass now..FYI, I am a singapore PR.
Thanks for your suggestions and advice [/b]
hi Ethan from India,

if you renew before expiry its a simple online process and simpler.

if you let it lapse it becomes the same as new, i.e. start over again

if your pay is high and tick all boxes take your chance

you being PR has low weight .. and latter may still be subject to more stringent scrutiny

that's what my 2 cents is

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:27 am

I had an LTVP and moved away for a few years, so it lapsed. I was quite surprised that on returning to SG, my application for a further LTVP was treated as a renewal, rather than a fresh application. So the data/documents required were much less than for a fresh application.

That said I'd imagine that renewing a currently valid LTVP might be even simpler still. But I'm sure that she is going to have to go to ICA in person for the 'Completion of formalities'.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:46 am

JR8 wrote:I had an LTVP and moved away for a few years, so it lapsed. I was quite surprised that on returning to Singapore, my application for a further LTVP was treated as a renewal, rather than a fresh application. So the data/documents required were much less than for a fresh application.

That said I'd imagine that renewing a currently valid LTVP might be even simpler still. But I'm sure that she is going to have to go to ICA in person for the 'Completion of formalities'.
when did you last 'renew' ?

from what I know, letting it lapse = fresh look at the LTVP

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:29 am

ecureilx wrote:when did you last 'renew' ?
from what I know, letting it lapse = fresh look at the LTVP
Q3 last year.
I do not have a complete 'audit trail' but do you recall how you used to apply (online via 'e-submission') and then at 'Completion of formalities' have to appear and bring a wad of your original documents with you (edu, birth, marriage certs etc)?

Well on my most recent approval letter (I would post a pic, but obviously it's waaaay too big, so I'll summarise it).
-----------------------------------

'Your LTVP has been approved in-principle subject to production of the following documents and your medical

- Form 14
- Passport
- DE card
- Photo
- Medical report

Your sponsor must be present.

Completion of Formalities
- Come to Visitor Services Centre
- Make an appointment on-line.
- Be prompt.

Notes:
- This IPA is valid for 2 months
- This IPA is not a valid pass to remain in SG [etc]
- Final approval subject to the result of the medical

[... and that's about it.]
---------------------------------------

No mention of bringing edu, marriage etc certs at all. And as ICA are not going to rely solely on previously e-submitted copies of such documents I conclude they are not required for renewal.

ethanfellow

Post by ethanfellow » Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:56 pm

Thank u ecureilx and JR8