Singapore Expats

EP and LOC

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
dhawanuj

EP and LOC

Post by dhawanuj » Mon, 13 Oct 2014 1:27 pm

Hi,

I am living in singapore on DP, and recently got selected in couple of companies.

Company 1: is applying for EP for me.
Company 2: will be applying for LOC for me.

Doubts
1. Can I apply for Company 2 even if my EP is in progress for Company 1.
2. Would there be any issue; also which of the two is safer option for me. EP/LOC?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards!!!

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: EP and LOC

Post by AngMoG » Mon, 13 Oct 2014 1:40 pm

dhawanuj wrote:Hi,

I am living in singapore on DP, and recently got selected in couple of companies.

Company 1: is applying for EP for me.
Company 2: will be applying for LOC for me.

Doubts
1. Can I apply for Company 2 even if my EP is in progress for Company 1.
2. Would there be any issue; also which of the two is safer option for me. EP/LOC?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards!!!
1. No. It is the same agency, and they would know. They can deny both if you try.
2. Difficult question, depends also on the position offered and your salary level. If it's lower level, probably LOC, higher probably EP is safer. But I don't think there's a clear answer to that one.

dhawanuj

Post by dhawanuj » Mon, 13 Oct 2014 2:04 pm

Isn't that unfair...

I would love to keep my options open because both are subjected to uncertainty of approval, but in this scenario I have to make decision in advance...

Also, in that case one should not apply for more than one job at a time.... :(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Oct 2014 2:08 pm

Nor should one change their minds after applying for an Employment Pass. MOM frowns on that type of activity. The LoC will be the easier of the two to obtain, but again, there is no guarantee that either will be given so you have to buys your ticket and hope for the best.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dhawanuj

Post by dhawanuj » Mon, 13 Oct 2014 2:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Nor should one change their minds after applying for an Employment Pass. MOM frowns on that type of activity. The LoC will be the easier of the two to obtain, but again, there is no guarantee that either will be given so you have to buys your ticket and hope for the best.
Means once applied with MOM for any application, that has to be "Final"....