Singapore Expats

New passport - Who do you need to inform?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
blessedone
Regular
Regular

New passport - Who do you need to inform?

Post by blessedone » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:43 am

Hello,

I need to apply for a brand new passport as the existing one has run out of pages and country wont issue an additional one

1. do i need to inform the ica?
2. does the visa (sa y for US etc remain valid on the new passport as well?)

thanks

nakatago

Re: New passport - Who do you need to inform?

Post by nakatago » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 1:55 pm

blessedone wrote:Hello,

I need to apply for a brand new passport as the existing one has run out of pages and country wont issue an additional one

thanks
1. Yes
2. Indirectly yes; just bring the old passport (along with the new, of course) with the still-valid visa with you as well to travel to the US. Not so sure about other countries/territories (you'll have to check with them).
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: New passport - Who do you need to inform?

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:12 pm

blessedone wrote:Hello,

thanks
1. Are you PR or on an employment pass? If PR, you inform ICA through eRep that you want to transfer your REP to another passport. ICA no longer stamps passports... instead, you print out your REP and are supposed to keep it with your passport.

If you are EP, then you inform MOM. If you have the new EP card, then it works pretty much like the ICA process... you can update online and print out new page for your passport. If you have old green laminated EP, you will need to go to MOM and get a new modern card.

2. For visas, in most cases, you can continue to bring your old passport with you so that you don't have to incur the hassle and expense of obtaining a new visa stamp before the old visa expires. But... you must contact the embassy of each visa you hold and verify that they will accept a valid visa in an old passport.

blessedone
Regular
Regular

Post by blessedone » Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:05 am

can anyone please tell me how I can update my passport number online? I cant seem to find it in the options listed in rep here

http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre.aspx?pageid=231

Pls help

blessedone
Regular
Regular

Post by blessedone » Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:10 am

FOUND IT - called "Transfer of Rep"

Transfer of Re-Entry Permit option in the menu after you have logged in with your sing pass

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 07 Oct 2014 11:07 am

blessedone wrote:FOUND IT - called "Transfer of Rep"

Transfer of Re-Entry Permit option in the menu after you have logged in with your sing pass
Thanks for updating. It will be helpful to other forum regulars who are PRs and need to renew REP.