Singapore Expats

I found this when I was out...

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

I found this when I was out...

Post by JR8 » Sun, 05 Oct 2014 12:36 pm

Just not one or two...

:o

p.s.
Might make a fashionable curio back home. ???

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 05 Oct 2014 1:21 pm

What is it? :???:

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Sun, 05 Oct 2014 3:22 pm

zzm9980 wrote:What is it? :???:
Let's just say that Lofty is henceforth sitting pretty :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 05 Oct 2014 6:20 pm

It does look rather like a huge stack of some form of aged Chinese bearer bonds or something... :lol:

But it's the kind of stuff they burn as offerings. You know when you see one of the old oil-drum braziers surrounded by heaps of unburnt rubbish.

Just this fat stack was sitting on the pavement near my home. Nowhere near a brazier, or anything similar. Not near any people, gathering, or anyone's home or business, at least 100m from the nearest dwelling. So I was walking to the shops and stopped by this thing, looking down at it, and was thinking... 'Ok. So why would that be here [squint].... Do I have any use for it... Hmmm ... [etc]'. It's hard coming upon something like that and simply ignoring it like it's not there...

:lol:

p.s. Lofty the black goat ... lol...

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sun, 05 Oct 2014 7:51 pm

Maybe someone died at that spot ( car accident) and it was a sort of offering? About 20 years ago in London I was driving down the westway and saw a huge Magnum of champagne standing in the road side gutter, I stopped leaned out and grabbed it. It is still in my storage locker, I never opened it just in case it was tampered with, to this day I am still mystified why it was there.

Those things looks like those good luck blessing notes I often see people have tucked away in cars and houses?

Probably see your self on stomp, Shamelss ang moh walks off with a local offering to dead husband :o

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 05 Oct 2014 8:19 pm

There had been a few trucks through last week in a group throwing wads of these things everywhere to the winds (anti littering laws anyone?). Maybe they lost/dropped this stack; the proverbial though literal 'it fell off the back of a lorry'.

p.s. The Westway? Lol.... shout out to the Notting Hill massive 8-)

nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by nanana » Sun, 05 Oct 2014 9:38 pm

you know...you shouldn't take these things home with you. now that the spirits know where you live, they will just follow you back. BOOO! :P

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 07 Oct 2014 10:29 am

This one looks like it is made of a textile material... Curious...

Normally hell money is made of paper material.

Could it be that this was a forgotten package meant to be delivered to someone's address? :twisted: :P

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 07 Oct 2014 1:19 pm

the lynx wrote:This one looks like it is made of a textile material... Curious...

Normally hell money is made of paper material.

Could it be that this was a forgotten package meant to be delivered to someone's address? :twisted: :P
It is paper, just like it's been rolled with a spikey roller. It probably makes the stack turn out twice as high as ones that aren't 'rollered'.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 07 Oct 2014 1:23 pm

nice! now you need to find the green stuff, roll yourself a fat blunt and get high as a kite.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late