Singapore Expats

MoM and ICA refusal of entry to Singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yvuuvy

MoM and ICA refusal of entry to Singapore

Post by yvuuvy » Fri, 26 Sep 2014 4:22 pm

Hi There,

My boyfriend was refused entry to Singapore while trying to enter through Woodlands Checkpoint. We have since applied for an appeal for him to be able to visit and was approved. He successfully entered Singapore on May 2014 and returned to Philippines before his 30 day SVP expired.

He was able to secure a job in Singapore on Ausgust 2014 while in the Philippines and was granted an S Pass by MoM.

Will his prior refusal of entry affect his approved S Pass since there is a declaration on the IPA?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: MoM and ICA refusal of entry to Singapore

Post by JR8 » Fri, 26 Sep 2014 6:50 pm

yvuuvy wrote:Hi There,
My boyfriend was refused entry to Singapore while trying to enter through Woodlands Checkpoint. We have since applied for an appeal for him to be able to visit and was approved. He successfully entered Singapore on May 2014 and returned to Philippines before his 30 day SVP expired.

He was able to secure a job in Singapore on Ausgust 2014 while in the Philippines and was granted an S Pass by MoM.

Will his prior refusal of entry affect his approved S Pass since there is a declaration on the IPA? Please share your experiences. Thanks!

What did ICA explain to him as the Grounds/reasons for refusing him entry?

yvuuvy

Post by yvuuvy » Fri, 26 Sep 2014 9:12 pm

The white paper they gave him stated "Refused entry due to current immigration regulations"

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: MoM and ICA refusal of entry to Singapore

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 27 Sep 2014 12:32 pm

yvuuvy wrote:Hi There,

Will his prior refusal of entry affect his approved S Pass since there is a declaration on the IPA?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks!
No - if he has an approved S Pass then they have considered the prior issue already.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 27 Sep 2014 3:33 pm

^^^ I agree with PNGMK.
yvuuvy wrote:The white paper they gave him stated "Refused entry due to current immigration regulations"
Curious, they couldn't really have been much more vague...

yvuuvy

Post by yvuuvy » Sat, 27 Sep 2014 5:11 pm

MoM asked for a letter from the company ( i'm not really sure what the ccontent was) and said that the conpany should wait for their reply (maximum is 3 weeks.)

Still no reply until now.:cry:

Will update on the outcome.

Thanks for the replies!

yvuuvy

Post by yvuuvy » Sat, 27 Sep 2014 5:16 pm

[quote="JR8"]^^^ I agree with PNGMK.

[quote="yvuuvy"]The white paper they gave him stated "Refused entry due to current immigration regulations"[/quote]

Curious, they couldn't really have been much more vague...[/quote]

His visit now is the second time after the refusal of entry. For both instances, the IO always asks him why he was refused entry before but lets him in to Singapore.

I am also not sure why he was refused entry the last time...
:?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 27 Sep 2014 11:27 pm

I've heard many anecdotes of "friends of friends" that they've been denied coming back in at JB. The reason was that they had already extended once online, and that they didn't stay in Malaysia at least 5 days before coming back.

Like your bf, those same people have made it back into the country though at later points so it probably isn't a big deal. If the refusal was a big problem he wouldn't have ever been allowed back in.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 28 Sep 2014 10:23 am

zzm9980 wrote:I've heard many anecdotes of "friends of friends" that they've been denied coming back in at JB. The reason was that they had already extended once online, and that they didn't stay in Malaysia at least 5 days before coming back.

Like your bf, those same people have made it back into the country though at later points so it probably isn't a big deal. If the refusal was a big problem he wouldn't have ever been allowed back in.
Yes - renewing online triggers an visa run alert on a JB day trip for sure.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 28 Sep 2014 10:03 pm

JR8 wrote:^^^ I agree with PNGMK.
yvuuvy wrote:The white paper they gave him stated "Refused entry due to current immigration regulations"
Curious, they couldn't really have been much more vague...
since when ICA spelt anything clearly when it comes to refusing entry?? :twisted: