Singapore Expats

Questionable practices by Apple authorised service provider

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
dooror

Questionable practices by Apple authorised service provider

Post by dooror » Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:53 pm

Hi, I've been advised to take this down. Will be dealing with it internally and update again once this is settled.
Last edited by dooror on Thu, 25 Sep 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 25 Sep 2014 3:05 am

Email this story along with any evidence or communications with QCD you have to [email protected]. If possible, try and remove a bit of the narrative. Be brief and to the point. Include your ticket/case number from when you called Apple.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 25 Sep 2014 7:17 am

I am afraid they would need to shut down 90% of the service centres in SG. It's probably more like a common practice, than an exception. I had similarly bad experience few years ago with SMC, reported it to the local and overseas HQ with no response. Since then I simply don't buy certain brands. Fortunately Apple product are good hardware quality in general so my interactions with their service centres are minimal.
This remind me I still have my wife's iphone to be checked after what had happened with the software upgrade.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 25 Sep 2014 9:46 am

Damn, the original post has been taken down.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:09 am

the lynx wrote:Damn, the original post has been taken down.
Thanks to the ridiculously stupid libel laws in Singapore. An absolutely incompetent, corrupt company can continue to do business in Singapore with little worry of negative publicity because of the way the law is arranged in Singapore.

There won't be any significant change in customer service in Singapore until the miscreants can be publicly outed and ridiculed.

But, if that happen, how would PM Lee be able to sue all those with whom he disagrees?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Questionable practices by Apple authorised service provi

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:51 am

dooror wrote:Hi, I've been advised to take this down. Will be dealing with it internally and update again once this is settled.
Do what I said above. Trust me, it will get results. :cool: