Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bad omen

back off you nationalist faggot

Post by bad omen » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 5:08 pm

TrolleyDolly wrote:you malaysians...go apply mas la. don't spoil market and take s'porean jobs! :x

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

don't be a dick-head and ask people to work in their country...... this is a moblie century....you move around and share the culture you had...... don;t lock yourself in YOUR wardrobe and learn nothing..... be a mutlicutural person and you will gain respect.... compared to now.... you only disgrace your nationality and your brought up.... shame on you...... fill up your ignorance and post your intelligence statements...... only when you have had reached a certain level of intelligency..

thank you...

malaysians steward wannabes...... don;t give up... SIA may have an intake early next year..... just stay put and be alert on their websites

wannabee

Re: emirates

Post by wannabee » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 5:33 pm

Guest Star wrote:
wannabee wrote:
Anonymous wrote:does anyone one how the emirates conduct the interview.. plzz share with us.. plzz.. thx
i went for the emirates interview. was kicked out on the first round. i believe due to my acne scars. they arent as anal as SQ where height is concerned. i am 156cm but they didnt ask me to leave but gave me a chance to go for the first round. i was also asked to reach for the 212cm marking on tiptoes which isn't that very difficult really, u just need to stretch. during the first round a group of 10 of us were asked to sit in a circle. the interviewer gave us a topic to discuss. i was surprised that some of the girls in the group didnt even take the initiative to open their mouths. 3 were selected out of the group. i heard the other rounds r pretty similar to the first one. i'm gg for laser treatment for my acne scars n will try again in the future shld they conduct a recruitment again.

Hi with regards to the acne scars and that you're going for laser tmt to remove them. are your scars that bad? I've bump into one SQ girl yest and noticed her complexion is troubled. guess she got the problem after joining SIA..
the scars r visible. holes on the cheeks. though my acne days r long gone, the scars r there. results frm the laser treatment is gradual since i'm still undergoing the treatment - it takes time u see. i'm optimistic that the scars will be reduced soon n with gd foundation, hopefully they r not obvious the next time i go for an interview. i guess u need to be in a tip-top condition during the interview. the other day, at the airport, i actually saw this sq cabincrew with horrible huge zits on her back but i reckon she only had a breakout after joining sq. ohwell....

:o)

Juicy Couture

Silk air recruitment

Post by Juicy Couture » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 5:34 pm

Hey

any silk air girls out there to share your interview experience??

Thank u!! :P

zhuzhu leong

stewardess wannabe

Post by zhuzhu leong » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 5:37 pm

Ladies and gentlemen,

I too would like to be a flight stewardess. I tried sia many years back, long before my overseas education, and was shortlisted. i gave up for my studies. then now, i try other airlines, such as sia, jal, emirates and silkair, i dun even get through the first round.. :cry:

whenever i go for interviews, my fellow candidates or friends always commend me as " very good performance" or "im sure u will get shortlisted" but i dont.....what happened? :roll:

i dont think i look ugly, not gorgeous too....just somewhere in the midrange...have i been too confident during interviews? whenever i look at those that got in for the first rounds, they usually arent those that expressed very well...am i suppose to be like them? jsut speak plainly?

Rach

Post by Rach » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 5:48 pm

fanny wrote:hi rach, do you happen to know a Pauline Goh and a Florence Foo in SIA? they are/were air stewardesses too.
Hi Fanny, yes I know Pauline Goh... But havent came across Florence Foo yet.

Delirious

Air frenzy

Post by Delirious » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 6:50 pm

Hey there peeps! I just got my letter for the second Silkair interview too! There's only one problem though.. I have an important meeting on that day so i may not be able to take off. Any chance they might change the date if i call and talk to them about it?

And... I've checked the SIA webbie and only found them still looking for indian stewardess!

Btw, i've got horrible scars on my hands. I've tried creams and its fading but very slowly. Do you think they're just gona kick me out during the second interview???

=X

wannabee

Re: JetStar interview

Post by wannabee » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 6:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:[quoteI actually made it to JetStar but I turn down the job. As long as you make it to the 3rd stage, it's 90% that u r in already. I'll say that the interview is easy. They r looking for the rite atittude.
Hi,

Would you be able to share with us as to why you turned down the offer? Is it becos the remuneration is too low? The job ad. indicates S$23k as an annual package. Does this include allowances?

Many thanks![/quote]

uh'oh. 23k per annum is a tad too little for a cabin crew position. i guess becoz they r a budget airline n thus the budget remuneration.

:)

Triz

Post by Triz » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 7:02 pm

Rach wrote:
fanny wrote:hi rach, do you happen to know a Pauline Goh and a Florence Foo in SIA? they are/were air stewardesses too.
Hi Fanny, yes I know Pauline Goh... But havent came across Florence Foo yet.

Hi, do you know a lady name Trisha Wong?

Re: Air frenzy

Post by Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 7:20 pm

Delirious wrote:Hey there peeps! I just got my letter for the second Silkair interview too! There's only one problem though.. I have an important meeting on that day so i may not be able to take off. Any chance they might change the date if i call and talk to them about it?

And... I've checked the SIA webbie and only found them still looking for indian stewardess!

Btw, i've got horrible scars on my hands. I've tried creams and its fading but very slowly. Do you think they're just gona kick me out during the second interview???

=X

Delirious,

when did you receive your letter for invitation to 2nd round? is the interview this coming friday also?

anyone knows if they sent out the invitation letters in batches or all at one go. If we still haven got our rejection letter, is there still a chance for us?

Post by Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 7:33 pm

hey anyone having their interview for silkair on friday at ard maybe 9 plus?
anyone wanna join me? can wait in anticipation together.. hahaha

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 7:36 pm

oops sorry! that last post was form me.. forgot to log in

Re: Air frenzy

Post by Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 7:37 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Delirious wrote:Hey there peeps! I just got my letter for the second Silkair interview too! There's only one problem though.. I have an important meeting on that day so i may not be able to take off. Any chance they might change the date if i call and talk to them about it?

=X

Delirious,

when did you receive your letter for invitation to 2nd round? is the interview this coming friday also?

anyone knows if they sent out the invitation letters in batches or all at one go. If we still haven got our rejection letter, is there still a chance for us?
well, as long as we didn't receive the rejection postcard, I think there is still a chance for us.

Post by Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 8:38 pm

Hi,

Would you be able to share with us as to why you turned down the offer? Is it becos the remuneration is too low? The job ad. indicates S$23k as an annual package. Does this include allowances?

Many thanks

uh'oh. 23k per annum is a tad too little for a cabin crew position. i guess becoz they r a budget airline n thus the budget remuneration.

Ya... I turn it down coz of the low pay. Their pay will actually increase every year. The 1st year they offer a monthly tk home pay of about $1200, which is inclusive of allowance. But I don't think they have any transport allowance. Which means you will have to pay all the cab fare. Their basic pay is only $710!

Post by Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 9:01 pm

i have problems applying with jet star.Urghz.Had to go thr the monster stuff before can apply and the monster.com.sg is so irritating!And i received an unsuccessful email from them.

THe email:

Sorry you have not met the initial criteria for a cabin crew member which is as follows;

You must be over 1.58 metres.
You must be able to swim 50 metres or more.
You must have over 2 years of customer service experience.
You must not have been interviewed for a cabin crew position for Jetstar Asia in the last 6 months.
As the total salary package is below $23,000, you must have answered yes to acknowledge this.

We wish you luck in your job hunt and if you do learn to swim or gain 2 years or more of experience in customer service, we will be happy for you to reapply in the future.

i clicked yes for everything and i do not know how come it become like that.URGHZ.I admit i do not have 2 yrs of work experience,but i have some sales background,im customer oriented!

Post by Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 9:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:i have problems applying with jet star.Urghz.Had to go thr the monster stuff before can apply and the monster.com.sg is so irritating!And i received an unsuccessful email from them.

THe email:

Sorry you have not met the initial criteria for a cabin crew member which is as follows;

You must be over 1.58 metres.
You must be able to swim 50 metres or more.
You must have over 2 years of customer service experience.
You must not have been interviewed for a cabin crew position for Jetstar Asia in the last 6 months.
As the total salary package is below $23,000, you must have answered yes to acknowledge this.

We wish you luck in your job hunt and if you do learn to swim or gain 2 years or more of experience in customer service, we will be happy for you to reapply in the future.

i clicked yes for everything and i do not know how come it become like that.URGHZ.I admit i do not have 2 yrs of work experience,but i have some sales background,im customer oriented!
i also kanna the same thing. weird.. maybe they got too many applications. weird huh... lol