Singapore Expats

What comes under "minor repairs" in a lease contract?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
aster
Manager
Manager

What comes under "minor repairs" in a lease contra

Post by aster » Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:04 am

Turns out the washing machine needs to have its shock absorbers replaced which comes out to $275. Does this come under the "minor repairs" clause in which case I need to pay the first $150 and the landlord covers the rest?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What comes under "minor repairs" in a lease co

Post by JR8 » Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:48 am

aster wrote:Turns out the washing machine needs to have its shock absorbers replaced which comes out to $275. Does this come under the "minor repairs" clause in which case I need to pay the first $150 and the landlord covers the rest?
Don't know for sure, but the below might be food for thought...

http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/ ... ring-Parts

I used the above as an example. Enter your appliance ref details to see what the parts cost. If you have space to get access into the machine, then a repair like that is not that hard to DIY.

p.s. First off though, I'd be checking the feet all all correctly adjusted. The two feet at the rear are sometimes static/fixed, it's the two at the front you can adjust using a spanner. If you can make the machine move by pressing on a top corner, or various corners, that's likely your problem.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: What comes under "minor repairs" in a lease co

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 15 Sep 2014 1:04 pm

aster wrote:Turns out the washing machine needs to have its shock absorbers replaced which comes out to $275. Does this come under the "minor repairs" clause in which case I need to pay the first $150 and the landlord covers the rest?
typically thats the case, I had a similar problem as well, ( the washing machine conked completely), so i discovered I could buy a new one for like 325 while repairs were at 280$ so I asked the landlord if I could do that instead, he agreed and later he said I could keep the machine if I wanted to.
but my rental agreement said something on the lines that the first 150$ would be covered by me and the rest by the landlord.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late