Singapore Expats

Expat child carer for when parents overseas

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
Vspeer

Expat child carer for when parents overseas

Post by Vspeer » Tue, 09 Sep 2014 3:44 pm

Hi, does anyone know how or where I would find an expat who has experience with young children (6yrs and 4yrs) who can look after the children after school for parents when they go overseas? We have a fantastic helper and driver but would like someone more experienced and mature to leave the kids with who is able to do homework, play and take to excursions etc?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Expat child carer for when parents overseas

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 10 Sep 2014 3:11 am

Vspeer wrote:Hi, does anyone know how or where I would find an expat who has experience with young children (6yrs and 4yrs) who can look after the children after school for parents when they go overseas? We have a fantastic helper and driver but would like someone more experienced and mature to leave the kids with who is able to do homework, play and take to excursions etc?
I don't know about the others on this forum but my wife and I have a firm rule that one parent should always be home.

x9200

Re: Expat child carer for when parents overseas

Post by x9200 » Wed, 10 Sep 2014 7:35 am

Vspeer wrote:Hi, does anyone know how or where I would find an expat who has experience with young children (6yrs and 4yrs) who can look after the children after school for parents when they go overseas? We have a fantastic helper and driver but would like someone more experienced and mature to leave the kids with who is able to do homework, play and take to excursions etc?
Any ad-hoc job undertaken by an expat (on EP/LTVP) would be illegal. If you can afford, try to "import" and hire a teacher from a Western country (for example from the UK). I've heard people do it.

Asiah Norman

Post by Asiah Norman » Sat, 13 Sep 2014 9:44 am

No advertising please.

Asiah Norman

Post by Asiah Norman » Sat, 13 Sep 2014 12:53 pm

I can help you with that problem. :)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 13 Sep 2014 1:16 pm

Not with your account locked what has just happened. Besides, who would like to hire and trust a person who doesn't understand or can not follow very simple rules?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 13 Sep 2014 4:28 pm

^^This! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers